PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Card Submissions Wanted

Chris and TracyMeats
10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Get out the markers, paints, and crayons for the kids! It is time to draw for our holiday cards! Every year we choose a drawing to use on our holiday cards. We want lots of submissions this year!! All Cherubs and their siblings, including all the cousins, nephews, and nieces are encouraged to participate and submissions will be used on cafepress items and the CHERUBS' holiday cards. The only requirement is that the picture have a cherub or angel in it. DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 1ST

I will be collecting the artwork, so please submit your drawings/paintings/artwork to me (Tracy) at: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Please include with your submission: name of the artist, age, and relationship to your cherub. Also include your cherub's name (in honor of/memory of) and age of your cherub

If you have questions, please ask. Have fun with this and look forward to seeing all of your awesome artwork!!

mskelly
10-05-2009, 05:33 PM
This sounds great, too!! I will put my budding artist to work!! :)

KarlaHolt
10-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I will get Brooke on this soon. I hope my niece will draw something too.

SCURTIS
10-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Oh, this sounds like fun! I'll see what Addisen can do (or would be willing to do, lol)

Chris and TracyMeats
10-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Look forward to seeing what the kids come up with!

karahess
10-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Is there an age limit for the drawer?

MichelleHosmer
10-07-2009, 08:22 AM
sounds like fun, how can we submit artwork besides the link posted? my scanner is broke and what is the age limit for people submitting a card.

karahess
10-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Another great question. I was wondering that same thing, Michelle. Tell ust Tracy; how do we submit art other than emailing it.

Chris and TracyMeats
10-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Good questions and I am trying to find the answers for you. Barb, if you are reading this I left you a message on the volunteer software. I know I am in charge of getting the artwork collected, but want to make sure first if you send them to me or if they want them sent to another address. I will get back to you soon!

Chris and TracyMeats
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Got your answers! Age limit of the drawer/artist is under 18. If you don't have access to email them to me or to a scanner, please send them to me. Just let me know they are on the way and I will keep an eye out for them and let you know when they have arrived.

Tracy Meats
2226 Popo Agie Drive
Rock Springs, WY 82901-7730

BrandeeG
10-07-2009, 02:23 PM
This is a great idea I will try to convince Kailee to draw something if we have any luck we will submit!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-08-2009, 08:38 AM
Thank you, Tracy, you are the best!!!!!! :)

Chris and TracyMeats
10-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Where's my artwork!! LOL I haven't received any submissions as of today, so if you have emailed or mailed them to me I have not received them. We still have a couple of weeks until the deadline, so I am just reminding you to get those art supplies out and get creative. Have fun!!

Chris and TracyMeats
10-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Deadline is this Sunday, November 1st and I have not received one piece of artwork. :cry:

You still have time!

karahess
10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Drat!!! Come on gang! Let's get those pictures in!

:c5

deAnnStrotherMcGilberry
10-29-2009, 08:42 AM
Hey..my kids are gonna work on theirs this weekend and m niece is doing one as well...will have them in by sunday :)

Chris and TracyMeats
11-04-2009, 01:00 PM
We have not received any artwork yet!! If you are in the process of finishing up the art, please send it to me tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org or to membership@cdhsupport.org by Friday, Nov. 4th.

Make sure to include the artisit name, age and relationship to your cherub. Cherubs, siblings and cousins are welcome to submit drawings! We do ask that they draw angels or cherubs somewhere in the picture.

MichelleHosmer
11-05-2009, 08:43 AM
sent mine to you last night, via computer....husband forgot the hard copy its still on the table...he was suppose to mail it for me today. will mail it later.

Chris and TracyMeats
11-05-2009, 11:53 AM
You don't have to mail the hard copy Michelle. I got the email attachment just fine and should have no problems getting it uploaded. If we need the hard copy later, you can mail it at a later date, but I should be able to upload the drawing no problems.

Nicolle, I have your drawing, but could you send the color version? I sent you an email last night, but I got a failure notice that my email did not go through. I sent you another email this morning.

Thank you Michelle and Nicolle for the drawings!! Look forward to seeing some more drawings in my inbox!!

deAnnStrotherMcGilberry
11-05-2009, 06:43 PM
my niece is suppose to be finishing hers up tonight..I'll send it tommorrow !

mskelly
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Just sent one to you Tracy. Let me know when you get it...Thanks!!! :)

Chris and TracyMeats
11-06-2009, 06:53 PM
I received Nyah's drawing Shana...THANK YOU!

I also received Chamber's drawings today DeAnn...THANK YOU! I have not received your neice's drawing yet though.

When you all get to see these drawings, you will smile! It sure brightened my day.

If any of you have drawings, you still have time to submit them.

deAnnStrotherMcGilberry
11-06-2009, 07:33 PM
My sister in law scanned it and posted it to me on Face Book, then I sent her your email and asked her to send it to me as well incase you didnt recieve it b/c the yare going out of town tonight..we are headed to a ball game and will check when we get back to see if sh's sent it...thanks so much !

mskelly
11-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Oooh! I can't wait! Nyah practised her drawing for hours before she was ready to commit to doing one...she was worried that her cherub didn't look like a baby. lol

Thanks for all your work on this Tracy!!!

Chris and TracyMeats
11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I checked my email and didn't see an email from your sister in law DeAnn...just send it on to me when you receive it. I am not sure how to get it off of facebook or if you could email it from there.

Dawn, did you get any entries by email?

deAnnStrotherMcGilberry
11-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Tracy,

I go it tonight, I am sending it now :) thanks so much ! Hope Ian is feeling better !

Chris and TracyMeats
11-08-2009, 01:27 PM
DeAnn, I got a an email from Becky with the link to facebook, but I get an error message with facebook. I also got your email and can't seem to pull yours up either, I get the same error. Will try again later, but is there any way you can send the picture just as an attachment to an email like you did with Chamber's? Thank you! I am so sorry I am having trouble with the link.

deAnnStrotherMcGilberry
11-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Tracy, hey just got home and got your mesage, Becky is on her way back home from out of town ..I will get her to send it as a regular email not through facebook...if not tonight , I know she can get it to you 1st thing in the morning...she sent it to me as a FB link as well...sorry for the trouble, I will let you know when she resends it..thanks agian :)

Chris and TracyMeats
11-08-2009, 05:05 PM
Thank you DeAnn...tomorrow is fine with me or when she has time in the next few days.

Chris and TracyMeats
11-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Thank you for all your submissions!! They have been uploaded to our Holiday Submission Album and the current year submissions are labeled "2009 Submission - "Name of Artist". There are 6 pictures.

http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/album_cat.php?cat_id=53

If any of you have a picture to upload or you forgot to email me your picture, please let me know so I can upload the picture this weekend.

Further details on when they will be on cafe press/holiday cards...I will let you know.

A big thank you to our artists:

Emma Fenstermacher, age 5, in memory of Cherub Kasey Colvin
Elaynia Hosmer, age 9, in honor of Cherub Breanna Hosmer
Michelle Beck Taylor, age 8, in memory of Cherub Claude McGilberry and in honor of Cherub Celie McGilberry
Chambers McGillberry, age 7, in memory of Cherub Claude McGilberry and in honor of Cherub Celie McGilberry
Cherub Ian Meats, age 5

mskelly
11-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Did Nyah's drawing not come through? :(

Chris and TracyMeats
11-14-2009, 09:55 PM
I am so sorry Shana...Nyah's drawing is there in the album on page two, first row of pictures. I just forgot to list her in my list of names and I even had my list typed out and forgot, I am sorry.

A big thank you goes out to artist Nyah Kelly, age 5, in honor to her brother Cherub Landon Kelly.

Chris and TracyMeats
12-19-2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs/6953277

Above is the link to the cafepress store where you can find your artists' drawings on a wide arrangement of items. I thought Dawn had posted the link here for the drawings, just realized it wasn't in this post. I guess I just read it on facebook when she uploaded them. We did not send cards out again this year, due to the card committee not having many members on it. Hopefully, in 2010 we can get this committee to grow in size!!

Thank you for all the wonderful drawings!!

SCURTIS
12-20-2009, 11:06 AM
They are all great drawings!