PDA

View Full Version : Submitting Your Photos to the site and for projects

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

You can submit your photos for projects (calendar, videos, newsletters, site banners, etc) by adding them to the Survivors and Non-Survivors albums here:

http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/album.php

Please make sure to enter the title as "Last Name, First Name"

All photos submitted in those albums are automatically included in our projects.

If you submit photos by e-mail, Facebook, etc we cannot guarantee that they will be included. We will try but with over 3000 members and so much work that we do here every day - it's easy to overlook a message or a photo sometimes. :( We don't want to exclude anyone so please make sure to upload the photos yourself to the album.

Also...

Please know that once you submit your photo, you give us permission to use it for CHERUBS projects and CDH awareness.

(you can skip reading the rest if you don't want to read about nonsense)....

We've been having a bit of trouble with the people that were banned over the summer. Long story that I won't post again, but I think everyone knows that they were banned for very valid reasons. Since then, I've been getting e-mails and been bashed for either not removing their photo or removing it. I had to set up my e-mail today to refuse any e-mails from that group to find some peace from the drama and we've tried to ban them from our FB groups and I try to ban them from my personal pages but yet..... somehow they still know everything they do and comment on it and criticize it. :( Enough is enough. Honestly, we have too much to do and too many people to help to deal with drama and banned members who want us to jump through hoops to appease them. I cannot possibly go through all our old videos, sites, materials and remove photos because someone throws a tantrum after we had to ban them. I just can't do it. We have always, always stated that once you submit your photo you give us rights to use it. That is what any site, charity, group, company does.

To avoid more drama... because I am too busy, Shane's birthday is this week and I'm just too tired of drama to deal with the nastiness anymore.... I have removed ALL banned members cherubs from the 2 main albums and they will NOT be used in the video or other NEW projects. I will not remove them from old projects - that would take weeks and I just don't have time, plus that would be altering archives and we don't do that at CHERUBS. I know I'll get bashed on FB this week (nevermind they know it's Shane's birthday)... for removing all of them but well... we're darned if we do, darned if we don't. So just removing them to try to end the drama once and for all and maybe they'll just stop the bashing and leave us alone. I hope and pray so anyway.

This is a one-time deal... we won't do this again. So I beg all of you... please play nice and follow the rules and get along and don't do anything mean to get banned so we don't have to deal with this drama from anyone else? Please? :)

From this day on... any photos submitted will NOT be removed for any reason. Besides, who would not want their cherub to participate in a good cause or to raise CDH Awareness? I can't imagine ever wanting to pull Shane's photos if it helped keep his memory alive and could help other cherubs. We're a team here at CHERUBS... we have 1 goal... to help CDH babies and families. So let's keep our eye on that goal! :)

Now, we have a TON of projects going on here so if you want your photo included, please submit it ASAP for the video! :) We have 700 photos so far.... that's a lot of CDH Awareness!!! :)

Projects upcoming that include your photos:

- CDH Song Video
- Congressional Bills Videos
- New Web Site
- CDH Info Video
- Conference Videos
- 2011 CDH Cherubs Calendar

SanjuanitaFuentes
02-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Was te viedo for cdh song done? Where can I find it?

Chris and TracyMeats
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
The song has not yet been uploaded yet to itunes....once that happens, Dawn will post more info. on the video and song. I got to listen to the song at last year's conference in Texas and see some of the video, brought me to tears.