PDA

View Full Version : Albany Medical Center

RaquelleJ
03-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi Dawn
I e-mailed the link to adopt our hospital twice...once i november and once in december never got a response...can I have a direct contact number for someone.
thanks
Rachel SEebode

Chris and TracyMeats
03-19-2010, 11:21 AM
http://www.cdhhospitals.org/adopt.php is the link for more info. on adopting a hospital. There is also an email address listed too, adoptahospital@cdhsupport.org. dawn.williamson@cdhsupport.org is Dawn's email...make sure you put I want to Adopt a Hospital in the subject line.

RaquelleJ
06-01-2010, 06:57 PM
thanks

GinaHines
06-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Rachel, Where are you from? I live about an hour from Albany, in Pittsfield MA. My daughter wasnt treated in Albany though, we were in Providence, RI. How is Albany Med?

MeganS
06-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi guys! I just noticed some posters were from and around Albany? I am located 45 minutes southish of Albany! I am sorry! I get so excited to hear there are other CDH kids close by :)

TracyLanders
06-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Pittsfield is that close to Albany?! Who knew! Haha.

Katie LaCross Morehouse
02-27-2014, 06:04 PM
My care is currently being switched to Albany Medical and then after all there test are done they are sending to me to Boston. My OB Dr said they will not treat my unborn son there.. ;(

Chris and TracyMeats
02-28-2014, 11:19 AM
Hi Katie! Glad to see you posting on the forums too. You are not alone in this journey! Let us know if you have questions.

I do not know much about Albany Medical. Did they say why they couldn't treat your son? I am not sure if they have ECMO resources in Albany. Boston is more well known in the CDH field....some of the biggest research being conducted for CDH research takes place in Boston.

Katie LaCross Morehouse
03-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Yes, the Dr at Albany Medical said they will not treat my Son!! All my Dr keeps saying is "This is a big problem" over n over!! He said he is sending us to Boston (4 hours away) I have read great things about Boston but getting overhelmed because I am not a city person, Im more a country girl! Thank you it does feel good getting support from people who have been threw this!!

Chris and TracyMeats
03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
I am from a very small town and we were life flighted 3 hours away from home to receive NICU care for my son. I completely understand, for I am a country girl too and I freak just driving in City traffic, LOL!

It is so important for a CDH baby to be at an experienced facility in CDH and one that has ECMO resources. You want to do everything you can to bring your son home and giving him the best care that you feel comfortable is the way to go. It was hard being so far away from home and family and at the time I had a 19 month at home, but we did what we had to, to survive. My husband and I slit our weeks between home and the NICU, for my husband had to work, we couldn't afford for him to lose his job and I had to take care of my other son too.....some of the toughest decisions of my life.