PDA

View Full Version : Great Awareness Idea for brides!

micheles
09-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Last night we attended my cousin's wedding. In lieu of party favors she and her husband made a donation in my son Andrew's name to Cherubs. She had a framed information sheet out on a table describing CDH and a short paragraph on Andrew's story. At each place setting, she had a little scroll letting everyone know that a donation had been made to the "Save the Cherubs" campaign. We were very touched by this gesture and are happy that about 200 more people were made aware of this defect that has changed our lives!

Just thought I would share.

KarlaHolt
09-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Very nice idea!

Chris and TracyMeats
09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
What a cool idea Michele! And what a neat thing for your cousin to do in honor of Andrew!

karahess
09-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Love it! What a wonderful and thoughtful way to raise awareness and honor your CHERUB.

Crystal Benitez
09-22-2010, 10:36 AM
How awesome!! What a selfless thing your cousin did!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
09-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Wow, that is wonderful!!!!!! If you have a photo, please send it and we'll include it in the newsletter!

micheles
09-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Sure, my mom just sent me a photo she took - is there an email address to send it to?

JamieDavis
10-21-2010, 07:16 PM
I am getting married in 2 weeks and going to be doing the same thing. We have opted out of registering for gifts and encouraging cash gifts in order for us to take a portion of the $ and donate on behalf of Jonathan L. Moehl (Aug 2009) I think this is an amazing way for people to become aware and for everyone to be apart of contributing towards a bigger and better cause then stocking our kitchen ;)

Chris and TracyMeats
10-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I think that is awesome Jamie that you are doing this in memory of Jonathan...Tiffany must be so proud of you and what you are doing in memory of her son. I love this idea of brides doing this!