PDA

View Full Version : April 19th - Celebrating CDH Awareness!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-10-2011, 04:53 PM
**** YOU DON'T GO ANYWHERE ****

April 19 - celebrating Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness DAILY

♥ This is the ONLY non-trademarked day set aside for CDH that ALL CDH families, charities and researchers can participate in! ♥

WHAT DO YOU DO? Just raise CDH Awareness! Be involved as much or as little as you want to be! Wear a shirt, hand out fliers, light a candle, let balloons go, send out an e-mail, wear a ribbon, hold an event, tell at least 1 person what CDH is - just do at least 1 thing to raise CDH Awareness!!!

Every family affected by CDH has their own Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness day - the day their child was diagnosed. The day that they became personally aware of CDH. We honor that and we promote CDH Awareness Daily.

On April 19, 2010, after 2 years of a very unnecesary trial, led by 7 caring CDH organizations, 4 compassionate pro bono attorneys and 1000's of CDH families Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness was restored to it's rightful owners - the babies, families and medical care providers affected by CDH. Now, ALL families affected by CDH can raise awareness freely without harrassment, threats of lawsuits and other negative behavior. Now, ANYONE can say and raise "Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness" and help the babies!!!!! :)

http://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno=92050284&pty=CAN&eno=2

On the 1 year anniversary of this triumphant accomplishment for our children and the future of CDH Awareness and Research, we will celebrate with balloon releases, candle lighting ceremonies and more to raise more CDH Awareness, honor all children affected by CDH.

This is the only non-trademarked day specifically for CDH and we hope that you will join us and over 3600 members + 6000 supporters in this very important day!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-10-2011, 04:56 PM
What are some of the things that you all are doing on the 19th? I'm going to:

- take CDH Awareness Ribbon cupcakes to the amazing lawyers who won the case for us pro bono to thank them.
- newspaper interview
- made 3 Change for CHERUBS coin jars to drop off at stores to collect change and raise awareness
- releasing balloons
- TONS of posting on-line to raise CDH awareness
- sharing Shane's story
- wearing CDH Awareness gear
- Angel Ball committee meeting that night
- lighting a candle when I get home in honor of all the cherubs

Local families welcome to join me at the lawyer's office! I will supply wings for the cherubs! :)

TracyLanders
04-10-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm thinking that sometime this week, I'm going to post some fliers all around my school. I have class on the 19th, and it's biology. So maybe I can talk to my professor about doing something quickly at the start of class. Ericka's also going to wear her CDH shirt, if it fits OK.

GO CDH AWARENESS! Haha.

KarlaHolt
04-11-2011, 08:20 PM
I have to get Braden a new shirt! My yearly dress down day at school got cancelled but I'm trying to get back on the schedule ASAP! We might be able to do it on the 20th as it's the day before spring break.

AliciaG
04-12-2011, 12:16 AM
The 19th is Jayden's 14 month birthday so other then going to see him for his birthday I'm not sure what all I will feel up to doing. I ware my CDH bracelet everyday and when I go out I ware the awareness pins and I will ware them that day. I will post in my status about it and maybe ask others to as well. But right now I really don't know what I will do that day.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
All great ideas!!!!!

JenniferTenney
04-13-2011, 09:23 AM
I just got a shirt for Dakota and myself (Dakota's says CDH survivor and mine has the Cherubs logo on it - they look realy cute!) and I am going to have us wear them. I do try to talk about CDH whenever I can and spread the word.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Great! Can't wait to see photos! :)

Crystal Benitez
04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I am going to send out a mass email at work and I was wondering if it is ok if I use some of the pictures from Cherubs, such as the save the Cherub campaign and the instructional picture of CDH?

TracyLanders
04-15-2011, 04:08 PM
I was also thinking of taking a picture of Ericka on Tuesday morning in her CDH survivor t-shirt and, hopefully, holding a poster that says "I am congenital diaphragmatic hernia awareness."

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Yes, feel free to use any graphics, video and text from our site!

Tomorrow is the day!!!! I'm really excited about Parade of Cherubs through Raleigh and balloon release. I wish you could all be there!

AliciaG
04-18-2011, 06:53 PM
My mom and I will be doing a balloon release for Jay and all the CDH babes out there when we go to see Jay tomorrow for his 14 month birthday. I will have mom take photos and maybe a video and post it when we get home.

KarlaHolt
04-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Can't wait to see pictures!