PDA

View Full Version : Usernames MUST be FirstnameLastname

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-25-2011, 09:49 AM
In the next 30 days we are switching over to our new forums software so we are cleaning up a lot around here to get ready for the move. :)

1 thing we will be doing is going through each and every profile here and making sure that that names are used instead of nicknames. If we change your username, you will be notified by e-mail. We use names instead of nicknames so we can easily find members' info for mail, e-mail, etc instead of trying to guess what usernames are. We've had a few complaints about this but we take them with a grain of salt as Facebook does the same thing and the same people don't complain about that. ;) We value your privacy here, that's why the site is confidential and we screen every new member. So please help make our jobs a bit easier by understanding the reasoning behind our set up. :)

And PLEASE make sure to go through your profile and make sure your name, address, e-mail, phone and cherub's info and dates are correct. Dates in YYYY-MM-DD format!

The software will be A LOT easier for everyone!!! However, we may lose the blogs. :( I will keep you posted.

NicoleWheeler
04-25-2011, 10:19 AM
No problem, thanks for the heads up.

I'm a somewhat private person, but when I registered here I did use my correct info however on FB I use my maiden name and a disposable e mail (it keeps the co workers and neighbors at bay).

klunick
04-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Just wondering. Is the email associated with our user name the one we used to sign up with or the one that's listed in our profile (if they are different). I think I signed up using a now non-existant email (changed email providers) but I think I notified the site to have my new email address up-dated. I received some less than nice emails under my home email address ( I will assume they got it from my profile) and decided to put a "fake" email in my profile so nobody would see my real one. I recently tried to add my real email to my profile but it says it's already in use, so I added my work email which I didn't want to but thought having that rather than a "fake" one is better.

Any way to list my real email in my profile without it saying it's already in use?

Chris and TracyMeats
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I am not sure how they got your email address Kelly, for that is not published in your profile for others to see. I can go in and change your email to your home email as soon as I am able to save changes (software is giving me heck this week) and we have the hosting company looking into it. I did send your email on to Dawn to see if she is able to make that change for you. But, I do have it on my list of things to do too. So, hopefully I can get that fixed for you.

Just a heads up to anybody making profile changes, some changes will mark your accout inactive and it has to be approved. Most of this happens, when emails are changed. Please send login@cdhsupport.org and email that you made a change and are having log-in troubles.

klunick
04-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I had my email visible in my profile before and hid it in hopes that the emails would stop. My only concern with the email is that I don't miss the user name change. I think my work email will block it and that's what I changed it to the other day (hence why I couldn't log on yesterday). I wanted to go back to my home email even though it won't be visible in my profile. It's still in the system here somewhere for me because it says that it's registered to another member (it has to be me).

I do get emails from CHERUBS at home so I guess whatever email used in the profile has nothing to do with the email address the Admins have if different.