PDA

View Full Version : New Forums - Please Post Any Issues Here

Dawn Torrence Ireland
07-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Welcome to our new forums! We are still learning how to use the software and working through bugs. If you find any problems, please post them here!

Emma Agosto
07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
no issues here so far.

ChrisWeaver
07-12-2011, 05:10 PM
no problems here either so far

NicoleWheeler
07-13-2011, 02:20 PM
So far no issues :)

Chris and TracyMeats
07-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Working on testing the site out Dawn! Looking good so far!

klunick
07-21-2011, 07:25 AM
How come only some people can use avatars? I went to "edit avatar" and it has "do not use avatar" marked and there's no place to up-load one. I'm not familiar with everyone (by name) on here so having their kid's picture as reference helped me remember who they were. :)

Janet Shepherd
07-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi- I had a little problem getting into the new site because somehow my username was changed.... which is no big deal except that my last name is misspelled now and I know I will never remember to sign in that way--- my name is Janet Shepherd, not Shepard. Took me a while to figure it out! I got a new password though so hopefully I will be able to use the forums again.
Was looking for a place to update my name but couldnt see it.
Thanks

JenniferTenney
08-01-2011, 10:36 AM
When we post here, does it show up on facebook?

christinastembler
08-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Is there anyone out there that can run me through the websites? Like, I know we have a state forum page and im reading we are supposed to somehow like it on facebook, but at the same time not have a state facebook page... im so confused. please call and help me. 4259222828

Chris and TracyMeats
08-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Can somebody try this for me....for Dawn and I's Avatar's are the only ones showing up. Go the Settings Button near the top Log Out Button. Hit the Setting Button and on the next screen, you should scroll down on the left hand side and see and option Edit Avatar. Click on this. You should see two sections, Current Avatar and Custom Avatar. Under custom avatar, option 2, should allow you to upload a picture. Under current avatar, try unclicking do not use avatar. I miss everbody's pictures too and that is how I remember everyone too.

There is also a section to Edit Signature too, which posts a little about you under all the posts you make.

Nobody's posts ever show up on facebook, but links will. If you like this post (see the facebook like option at the very top), a link will show up on your facebook wall. But, you have to like the post for it to show up. Remember that all public forums can be read by visitors and private forums, you must be logged in to read them.

I am catching up on emails and posts that I may have missed the past two months. Please post your questions here and we are going to try to work out all the issues with the new site. Has anybody got any errors when posting replies? Janet, I am going to reset your name for you.

Chris and TracyMeats
08-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Also on the Avatars, check these settings too:

Hit the Settings Button, and then scroll down on the left side to under My Account, there is a general settings option. Click that. Scroll down until you see Thread Display Options. Make sure all 3 are checked, show signature, show avatars, show images. Remember to save changes.

Lynn Howard
08-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Tracy, thanks for the information. I tried to unclick the "Do Not Use Avatar" in the Edit Avatar option and it won't unclick. Everything else is working fine. I like the new program. Thanks for everything you do.

klunick
08-19-2011, 06:32 AM
Tracy, I've tried both your suggestions and it won't work for me. I don't have the "custom avatar" option and I can't unclick the "do not use avatar" option. Also, all three boxes are checked under Thread Display so that's not the problem.

Chris and TracyMeats
08-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Lynn and Kelly...Thank you for trying what I suggested....I am looking into this issue and hope to have answers soon. I will post when I figure out what is going on.

TracyMeats
09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Testing the site with an account I set up....trying to figure out why certain errors are happening...from profile pics not showing, to signature line issues, to moderation errors. Please let me know what issues you are having. tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org or post them here. I am trying to figure out the profile pic issue with my test account.

Chris and TracyMeats
09-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Many of you have been asking me why our Avatars are not showing up. I think I fixed it! Please go to Settings (next to the Log Out button), then on the left hand side of the screen go to Edit Avatar. You should now see a section to check the circle, "Use Custom Avatar". From here you can either enter a URL for a picture or upload your picture. Please note the size requirements listed.

Many of you were telling me your signature lines were not saving over 500 characters, please try now. That has been upped to 1,000 characters. To add a signature line, go to Settings, then to Edit Signature. Your signature will show up on all posts you make.

NicoleWheeler
09-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Tracy I did not do anything and my avatar came back on it's own today (I have a feeling it's something you did) just wanted to let you know and say thank you. Now I need to change it he was 6 months then and now he's 2.

ashleybarry
09-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Looks like I'm on the "must be moderated" list for NC CHERUBS.

ashleybarry
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

Chris and TracyMeats
09-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Thanks Ashley for letting us know....we are working on the moderation issue.

If any of you are getting posting errors or other messages, please let us know what they say and when they happen. If you are having problems with uploading pictures, creating a signuature line, or using the blogs here on CHERUBS, please let us know.

christinastembler
09-27-2011, 06:53 PM
I cant seem to add a new thread in the Fundraising section of the Forums, what am i doing wrong this time. lol?

klunick
10-04-2011, 02:22 AM
I click on New Posts and it brings up threads that are days old that I've already seen. Plus when I click to go to the last post, it brings up post further up that have already been read.

Chris and TracyMeats
10-04-2011, 10:38 AM
There have been some permission changes and they are trying to fix posting errors that some keep getting. I did send Dawn this info., for my New Posts section was the same today. Not sure on the last post issue, do you mean once you have a thread up and push last, it doesn't take you to the last post within that thread?

Anybody with posting issues, please post here! We need to know if you are having trouble. Thank you!!

klunick
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
On the New Post screen, I click on the little icon that is supposed to take you to the newest posts (since I had last logged on) but it didn't. It would put me mid-way through the thread, even if I had posted something later in the thread.

CHERUBS
10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Hi Klunick ,
today we changed the system that checks 'read and unread posts' from cookies to database because some users reported problems with "new posts" in the past.
So the system will mark most posts as unread because it no longer reads from the same source , after a short period of activity everything should work well
thank you

NicoleWheeler
10-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Not sure what is going on here. My last 2 post (the one I started on Monday I think) and now my reply to Kelly "in the mood" both have to be approved by a mod. Then when I log on it brings up random new post (it's never shown me the post I did the other day, yet digging around trying to find this topic I see that topic actually has 2 responses that I was not aware of).

TracyLanders
11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
That same thing happened to me, Nicole! I just posted like a book to a new member, explaining what we went through and stuff. I had to catch up from a couple weeks! Haha. And it said my post has to be approved by a moderator. That's never happened! What gives?

Chris and TracyMeats
11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
UGH!!! I hate this moderation issue and hopefully things have slowed down for Dawn and I will let her know how much we hate it! LOL! I am trying hard in the morning to check the moderation area and approve posts that are in there.

karahess
11-06-2011, 11:04 PM
I finally just encountered the same issue! Ugh! Hope the moderation issue can be fixed soon!!!!!!!

ShellyMoore
11-07-2011, 02:32 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Tracy & Dawn! My avatar & sig line issue are fixed (Yea!) but I am also on moderation too.. (Boo!). Hope the programers figure it out quick!

Shelly Moore

Chris and TracyMeats
12-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Moderation issue should be fixed....fingers crossed no more posts going to moderation! Shelly, Christina, Nicole....you can check that out for me, for it seems the moderation panel enjoyed your posts! LOL!

NicoleWheeler
12-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Ahh I liked my mod approved post made me feel special ;)

Chris and TracyMeats
12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
You are still special Nicole! I really enjoyed your post when you were trying to bypass the spam filter. LOL!

ShellyMoore
12-05-2011, 09:10 PM
I thought it was fixed a while ago as I haven't been getting a moderation message for a while!

Good job to all who worked so hard on it!

Shelly

Chris and TracyMeats
04-29-2012, 10:19 AM
Bumping this thread up....have any of had any issues with posting on the forums? I have two say they can't post a message after logging in. Please try the go advanced way of posting, rather than the quick reply and see what happens. Can you post to other messages? Or is is just when you try to post a new thread. Dawn, would you have any ideas of what could be happening, for I can't find anything wrong or with the members' accounts. Try using a different computer and browser and see what happens.

ReneeS
06-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Hello-

I am a fellow right sided CHD survivor. I just recently got married in January and now am starting to think about a family. I have talked with doctors who have told me I have a higher risk for health issues throughout my pregnancy. I would love some advice or experience from fellow survivors on their pregnancies to help me understand and not be so scared!

Thank you!

Chris and TracyMeats
06-13-2016, 02:56 PM
Hi Renee,

Many of our CDH survivors go on to have healthy pregnancies. You can do a search here on the forums and one of our moms posted her pregnancy pics and updates here. I would be happy to add you to our survivor group on facebook and you could ask your questions there too. Just send me a private message with your facebook email and we can do that for you. We just ask that you have an updated profile with us to be added to this group. Our forum activity is down and it is hard to get our actual survivors to see threads to get back to you.