PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS 2012 Cook Book

christinastembler
09-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Goal Completion Date for CHERUBS Cook Book Feb, 2012

I have had such a huge response already with willing and excited CHERUBS members ready to get to work!! I have no doubt this will be an AMAZING Cook Book!!

I will need some volunteers to head up certain sections of the book by gathering info, for each recipe to include recipe, CHERUB member picture and short bio, then compiling the info into an email for me.
I'm thinking a specialty section:
A.
1. Gluten Free
2. Sugar Free
3. Vegan/ Vegitarian
4. G-Tube/ Blended Diet

B.
1. Appitizers
2. Sides
3. Salads
4. Stews/Soups
5. Fish
6. Poultry
7. Beef
8. Desserts

C.
1. Meals Under 30 minutes
2. School Lunches/ After School Snacks
3. Seasonal Favorites

For All Recipes, as an added bonus (if there is a way) add an alternate suggested substitute for Low Calorie (except for the blended diet, which should be high calorie)

Also need to add a recommended Dr./Dietician approval for G-Tube/Blended diet.

So far these are the ideas that have run through my head, I would love to hear yours!! Please respond to this Thread as all of the info you all provide is valuable to this project and I dont want any of it to be lost in emails.

Thank You!!!

Chris and TracyMeats
09-28-2011, 10:30 AM
LOVE this idea and I hope all of our members will help out with this! If you have one of our last 3 past cookbooks, you know they turn out awesome! I have found some wonderful recipes that have been shared by cherubs' members. I am not sure a bio is necessary with each recipe, but maybe who is submitting the recipe and in honor of or in memory of which cherub. In the past, we have listed this info. with the recipe and had a section in the front of all the contributors and their cherubs' name. We also had in the front information on CDH and CHERUBS. Maybe a section in the back with time savers, quick ideas, handy ideas, ect...trying to think of a better name for this.

Christina, you can count me in where ever you need me...assign me a section or more, whatever you need help with! I am not familiar with the Section A topics, but think it is a great idea to include!!

Chris and TracyMeats
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I am making a post to see if this will show up in new posts....I want to make sure this post is not missed! We want your help!!

christinastembler
09-28-2011, 01:09 PM
yeah, i found the thread!
i was thinking for the title: Cooking with CHERUBS Vol IV. then a title (which im thinking we can have a contest within the members for a title)

Chris and TracyMeats
09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
That is a great idea to have a contest for the title!

ErinFisher
09-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Yay!!! I'm really excited....even tho I don't cook....assign me a section and I will help. Aaron has said that he will include his Peanut butter Balls and a Tilapia (?sp) recipe he has made up. The fish is an easy and fast cook after about 20mins of simple prep. He says he has more but will have to work on getting them together around school work. Just let me know what you need my help with and I would love to.

christinastembler
09-28-2011, 02:31 PM
C
Cooking with CHERUBS, Volume IV (Winning Title to be determined)

Goal Completion Date for CHERUBS Cook Book Feb, 2012

I have had such a huge response already with willing and excited CHERUBS members ready to get to work!! I have no doubt this will be an AMAZING Cook Book!!

I will need some volunteers to head up certain sections of the book by gathering info, for each recipe to include recipe, CHERUB member picture and short bio, then compiling the info into an email for me.
I'm thinking a specialty section:
A.
1. Gluten Free
2. Sugar Free
3. Hypo Allergenic
4. Vegan/ Vegitarian
5. G-Tube/ Blended Diet

B.
1. Appitizers
2. Sides
3. Salads
4. Stews/Soups
5. Seafood
6. Poultry
7. Beef
8. Desserts

C.
1. Meals Under 30 minutes
2. School Lunches/ After School Snacks
3. Seasonal Favorites

D.
1. Time Savers, Quick Ideas, Handy Tools

For All Recipes, as an added bonus (if there is a way) add an alternate suggested substitute for Low Calorie (except for the blended diet, which should be high calorie)

Also need to add a recommended Dr./Dietician approval for G-Tube/Blended diet.
We will be having a contest at the end to determine the Title of the cook book: Cooking with CHERUBS Volume IV (Then the winning title)

I would love to hear your ideas!! Please respond to this Thread as all of the info you all provide is valuable to this project and I dont want any of it to be lost in emails.

Thank You!!!

Tina and Scott Ingham
09-28-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm definitely willing to help. This will be my first cookbook with Cherubs.
Are the recipes just supposed to be for CDH children or all recipes?
I love to cook and have thousands of recipes!

Tina

Chris and TracyMeats
09-28-2011, 04:54 PM
All recipes Tina...anything your family finds to be a yummy recipe!! I love my cherubs cookbooks! This time we are going to include sections for our gtube children, plus gluten free, sugar free, hypoallergenic, and vegan too.

KarlaHolt
09-28-2011, 09:16 PM
I will help too. I'm not much of a cook. I have a few good desserts that I make over and over again.

christinastembler
09-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Im so excited about this!! We are also adding a Crock Pot Meal section.

christinastembler
09-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Im so excited, we are doing a section on Crock Pot meals too!!

TracyLanders
09-30-2011, 11:07 PM
I will help. I have a ton of recipes I can contribute. Also, what about grandparents? I asked my parents if they'd be interested in helping out-they have some awesome recipes, too. My dad (my family's resident chef), said he'd be glad to.

christinastembler
10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
you bet Tracy! i cant wait to see all of the recipes.

karahess
10-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Yay, I found the thread over here vs. Facebook :) Gotta get myself back into checking here often. Looking forward to working on this project.

TracyMeats
10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Love the crock pot idea!!

NicoleWheeler
10-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I'll have to contribute my husband's roast recipe I don't even like roast and I actually request him to cook (and not just to get myself out of cooking).

christinastembler
10-21-2011, 09:41 PM
OK, my interested parties!!! I need some recipies for section A, All catagories. Spread the word!! Let me know what you have and I will email you the info template im working on. Thank You!!

karahess
10-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Hmmm, trying to think about section A. I'll see what I have. I do 100% milk free cooking so some of that could fall under vegan. I have tinkered with gluten free a bit, but not tons. Have a couple recipes for that. We also do egg free, dye free, and predominantly corn free cooking.

Tina and Scott Ingham
11-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone,
I just got back on the forums. For some reason I'm not getting any responses by email.
Anyways I'd love to contribute. Can you send me the template to submit recipes.
My email address is alittleoh@yahoo.com

christinastembler
11-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Everyone interested, PLEASE send me your recipies. I will organize, input and then be requesting a little background info and possibly a pic. please send to washington@cherubs-cdh.org Thank you for your interest and im looking forward to working with all of you. By the way, if your not my friend on Facebook, look me up christina smith-stembler. I want to use the forums but sometimes a reminder on facebook doesnt hurt. Thanks