PDA

View Full Version : Verdin, Quinn Michael

admin
01-23-2007, 03:09 PM
[left:543605abe1]http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/Album/new/verdin-quinn.jpg[/left:543605abe1]Quinn Michael was born on July 14, 1995. He was about 10 weeks too early, and was born with a Diaphragmatic Hernia. The doctors did not know that my Quinn was sick until he was born.

My water broke at about 4am the morning of the 14th. Scott and I rushed to West Jefferson Hospital. They did an Ultra Sound and saw he was breach. So at 6am I had him by C. Section. After I was in the recovery room a nurse came in to the room and told Scott and I that "Your baby has a deformation". Then she took Scott to see Quinn. Later at 5pm they gave up trying to save his life and wheeled me into hold him. I am not sure how long I held him but it was not long enough. He passed away at 3am July 15th. We had a memorial service for him about 2 days later. I never knew we had so much family and friends.

Mommy loves you Quinn I am so blessed that I had you in my life no matter how brief your stay. I am glad that I got to hold you when you were still alive but I regret not holding you after you passed away. You are always and forever with me.

Written by Quinn’s mom, Myra Verdin (Louisiana)