PDA

View Full Version : Spencer, Aaron

admin
01-23-2007, 03:38 PM
My name is Stephanie Spencer, and my son died July 30, 1999.He had a bilateral diaphragmatic hernia. We had no idea anything was wrong, my whole pregnancy everything went just fine. We didn't know anything was wrong with Aaron until the doc cut the cord and he couldn't breath on his own. The doc's tried everything they could to get him to breathe, they started bringing in machines to x-ray his lungs and they wouldn't tell me anything. After a while they moved him to another room and a doc came in and told my husband and me that they were moving him to another hospital with a NICU unit. They moved our son and about an hour later a doc from the other hospital called and told us my son had no chance of living with the condition he was in. They told us he had no lung tissue at all that his bowels had moved into his chest and taken up all the room therefore preventing his lungs from growing. It was the worst day of my life and I am dealing with it one day at a time. I know my son is in a better place where he isn't suffering, and that is what helps me to go on every day. In loving memory of my son, Aaron Spencer.

Written by Aaron's mom, Stephanie Spencer (Georgia)