PDA

View Full Version : Slavin, Nicholas Sean

admin
01-23-2007, 04:33 PM
[left:3b857f551d]http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/Album/new/slavin-nicholas.jpg[/left:3b857f551d]Nicholas was my second child. Born exactly on his sister's birthday, two years apart. I actually had prayed for that, so I did not have a new day in November to grieve. God was compassionate and granted my wish. Nicholas was born with Fryn's Syndrome as well. I knew from 12 weeks of pregnancy he also had a diaphragmatic hernia. Of course I still could not prepare myself because it had only been one year since his sister died.

I decided to withdraw life support on Nicholas. As I was holding him after he was born, most of his body remained blue on 100% ventilation. I loved him enough to not want him to suffer. Although he only lived for two hours, he will always be a part of my soul. Nicholas, you somehow gave me hope after you died to start living my life again. For that my son, I will forever be grateful. You saved your mother in more ways than you will ever know. Take care of your sister. Until I see your sweet face again...

Written by Nichola’s mom, Brenda Slavin (Marylan)

annikascholz
04-26-2011, 06:19 PM
So touching and so heartbreaking!!!! I have a four years old daughter with Fryns Syndrome, and every day I think about how amazing it is that she`s here with us! My thoughts and prayers goes to you..

Annika Scholz, Norway
Mother of Vanessa (born Septhember fifth 2006 CDH and Fryns syndrome), her twinsister, and the oldest princess who just turned six