PDA

View Full Version : In Seek of State Representatives for CHERUBS!!!

Chris and TracyMeats
08-17-2012, 11:14 AM
CHERUBS is the world's first, oldest, and largest CDH non-profit organization. CHERUBS was created to make sure that no family endures Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia without support or accurate information. Our Board of Directors and Parent Advisory Board includes CDH parents, grandparents, survivors, nurses, doctors and the world's top CDH researchers. CHERUBS is run solely by volunteers and donations.

Would you like to help us make a difference? At this time, CHERUBS is seeking state representatives!! We need people like you to donate time, energy, and experience to help other families affected by CDH. As a state representative you would be contacting families in your state, finding hospital angels for hospitals within your state, planning a state get together for CDH families, offering support to others, and raising CDH awareness. This is just a few of the responsibilities of what a state representative does for CHERUBS. Our goal is to have two state representatives per state.

No one knows what life is like with a child born with CDH like the other parents who have walked this path. Together, we will be able to help many CDH families, for no family should have to go down this path alone. Our volunteers say they feel rewarded many times over for the help they provide in making a difference in the lives of others.

Please visit our website at http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/volunteer/index.php, to find out more about how you can help CHERUBS. From there if you click on how to volunteer, it will take you to the 5 easy steps to volunteer. If you are interested, please let me know and I will answer any questions you may have. My email is volunteer@cherubs-cdh.org.

The following states need representatives:
Alabama (co-rep. needed)
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California (co-rep. needed)
Connecticut
Delaware (co-rep. needed)
Florida (co-rep. needed)
Georgia
Hawaii
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Maine
Maryland (co-rep. needed)
Massachusetts (co-rep. needed)
Michigan
Minnesota
Missourit
Montana
New Hampshire
New Jersey (co-rep. needed)
New Mexico
North Carolina (co-rep. needed)
North Dakota
Ohio (co-rep. needed)
Rhode Island (co-rep. needed)
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Utah (co-rep. needed)
West Virginia
Wisconsin (co-rep needed)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Being a State or International Rep is a HUGE honor because you get to walk down the CDH path with families and be a support for them during the hardest times in their lives and often, you are the only person who truly understands what they are going through. Being an active Rep will change your life in such a positive way.... you will be such a blessing to these families and they will be such a blessing to you.

Megan Smith-Weedon
10-12-2012, 08:15 AM
I'll be sending my paperwork to you Dawn to be a Rep. for MI hopefully tomorrow!!