PDA

View Full Version : Forbes, Amia G

GertrudeEvelyn
01-15-2013, 12:19 AM
My name is Gertrude Evelyn, Coral Springs Florida. My Daughter Amia Genesis Forbes CDH was found at our 20 week ultra sound, it was an exciting morning for my other half and I, we were getting ready to learn the sex of our baby and then the day went south. It wasn't clear to us, what was going on but it's a day we both will never forget. Despite what we were told, we wanted nothing more than to see our daughter. We had to take measures in our own hands and found a doctor who was able to perform in utero surgery to help our daughter survive. Fast forward, Amia Genesis Forbes was born on September 25th, 2012 weighing 5 lbs 4 oz and 17 inches, born at 35 weeks cesarean procedure due to the device(stint) which was placed in her trachea at the utero surgery. She was born at Jackson Memorial Holtz Children hospital, she did not need the ECMO machine, she was intubated at birth and was breathing fairly well on her own. The doctors felt she was doing so great her repair surgery of the hernia was done on September 26th, 2012, they were unable to close the area the same day and went back in 2 days later to close op her stomach area. She was released from the NICU on November 16, 2012. Amia is 3 months now and is doing great, she continues to show progress, being release from her cardilogist last thursday 01-10-13. As of today she weights 10lbs adn 24 inches. We are very happy with her progress. I pray for all the families of CDH.

Sincerely

GE

Chris and TracyMeats
01-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Welcome to CHERUBS Gertrude! Amia is beautiful! What a precious miracle. It sounds like she is a strong baby girl. Hope she continues making great strides and doing so well!

GertrudeEvelyn
01-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Thank you!! I have my mini cries here and there, thanking God and also for the ones we have lost....

AmyGreen
01-26-2013, 11:20 PM
She is beautiful. My cherub Dexter was born that same day at 8:31 am.

GertrudeEvelyn
03-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Thank you. Happy to know Amia shares a birthday with another special baby.

GertrudeEvelyn
03-04-2013, 10:11 PM
Just had a cry for all the babies, my heart get so heavy at times. I know God hears all my prayers. I am so grateful, but scared at times. Stay strong.

freedom
03-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Welcome to CHERUBS. Thank you for sharing. She is a doll.