PDA

View Full Version : Cox, Trenton Wayne

Candace
04-29-2013, 10:53 AM
My CHERUB Trenton Cox was Born April 4, 2013. I carried him the whole nine months without any knowledge that he was sick. When he was born he was kicking and screaming. The doctor cut his umbilical cord and he went silent. They tried to get him to continue to cry, but no luck they knew something was wrong then. They grabbed him up and ran out of the room. After a couple of hours we got word that he was born with Right-side CDH. Trenton and my husband was airlifted to Childrens Hospital in Little Rock Arkansas. He was there for 2 weeks on the ECMO machine, doing great! Wednesday the 16th the Dr's had to change out the whole ECMO machine, and do a chest cleanout.(His tubes were directly in his heart because he has small veins.) Thursday complications arose due to having his chest cleaned out. So they took him off ECMO it was damaging his heart, When we started getting his gases and labs back everything came back better then when he was on it. His only problem we were left fighting that day was his blood pressure it was to low. We never could get it back up and without the ECMO machine we lost our Trenton on Thursday April 18th 2013.
His repair surgery was for Friday the 19th. (we had to wait for his lung to get over the shock when he took his first breath.)

freedom
04-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Oh, Candance....So very sorry to read the news. Sending the whole family love, strength & peace. Love The Green family in Maryland. Keeping you all in my prayers. We are all here for you anytime you need us.

mslarrison
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Candace,

I am so sorry for your loss! You and your family will be in my prayers. If you ever need to talk, vent, cry or scream we are here for you!! Unfortunately I myself have been in your shoes. Lots of love

Melissa Larrison

amycschlueter
04-30-2013, 06:21 PM
My heart aches for you and your family! I am so sorry that your CDH has come into your life. I am so happy that you found these forums. There are so many mom's, dad's, grandparent's, sibling's, etc who are here to support you through this emotional battle. Please do not be afraid to ask for help, prayers, or anything else you may need. You are in my thoughts and prayers.