PDA

View Full Version : Kennell, Cameron Anthony

admin
01-23-2007, 09:26 PM
My story starts in July 1997, it was my 20 week scan & I was told the baby wasn’t in the right position to see the chest wall & could I come back the next week. The following week I was told my son had a severe diaphragmatic hernia to the left side & was very unlikely to survive so it would be best if I terminate my pregnancy! Well as you could imagine I was devastated, I refused to terminate & was referred to a hospital with better equipment, I developed polyhydramnios & was kept in hospital for 7 weeks before my son was delivered by c/section which was on the November 20, 1997. He weighed 10 lbs, 10 oz & we called him Cameron Anthony after his dad. The doctors made it clear there wasn’t much hope as it was a bad hernia. He held on for 18 hours but then lost the fight on the November 21, 97. I still don’t regret not having the termination, otherwise I would never have seen my son's big chubby face. Eleven months later, I had another son who was stillborn. This time through a totally different reason. You wouldn’t believe my terror at being told I’d lost another child. They are now together at the crematorium & I visit almost every week. I went on to have a healthy boy & girl to go with my 9 year old son but it doesn’t get any easier & I’ll never forget. Finding this site is a Godsend in itself. I thank all of you who take part in it.

Written by Cameron's mom, Sandra Kennell (Great Britain)