PDA

View Full Version : Tapia, Liam

CharlotteP
08-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Liam (August 6, 2013 - August 7, 2013)
During our ultrasound at age 20 weeks, Baby Liam was diagnosed with a severe Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. CDH occurs in about 1 in 5,000 live births. It occurs when the diaphragm does not form properly and as a result, some parts of the abdominal organs moves into the chest that affects the lungs to develop and grow. As to what causes CDH? our doctors said it was an accident by nature. Our baby boy was given less than 10% chance of survival. We were given an option to terminate the pregnancy but we chose not to. With our strong faith in God and our faith in our son Liam, we continued with our pregnancy. And as parents, we just felt like it's so wrong to just give up on our baby without giving him a chance to fight for his own life. Since then, we had doctors' appointment twice a week. And as our due date got closer, Liam's situation worsened. He was too small for his age, his heart was too weak, he didn't have enough lung tissues to basically breath when he gets out, and that he might not even make it out from the resuscitation room after birth. We were heartbroken but our faith remained unshaken. Doctors decided to induced labor at 38 weeks, we were in labor for 3 days until baby boy Liam came out August 6, 2013 through normal delivery. Liam was so strong, everybody predicted I was going to have a c-section because his heart was too weak, but our baby boy made sure he came out through normal delivery. He was taken away from us immediately. We never got the chance to hold him, he tried to cry but his lungs were underdeveloped we never heard him cry. We waited for an hour after delivery and it was one of the best news we had, he made it out from the resuscitation room when everybody doubted he will. He was then sent to the NICU, and for 24 hrs he tried to fight for his life. August 7, 2013, we were faced with the biggest decision of our life, doctors said his stats were going down and he wont make it for one more night. He was just too weak already. We decided to just hold him in our arms until he passed. We know Liam wanted to get to know his Papa and Mama before he reunites with the Lord. It was the most painful, but we know Liam were able to feel our love and warmth. Liam was a warrior, he knew since he was inside that we were fighting for him, that's why he really fought so hard when he came out. We wanted to see him, we were so excited to be with him and so was he. Liam is now an angel but he will forever be in our hearts. Liam has taught us the value of life. And we will forever be grateful to God that we were chosen as Liam's parents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keaXdLGey_Y

Written by Liam Tapia's mom, Charlotte Pajatin (CA)
Aug 2013

PatriciaH
08-28-2013, 07:39 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story.

freedom
08-28-2013, 10:10 PM
Sending the whole family love, strength & peace. Love The Green family in Maryland. Thank you so very much for sharing your story with all of us at CHERUBS.

BRoper
08-28-2013, 10:46 PM
We are so sorry for your loss. We will be praying for strength for your family to heal.

ShellyMoore
08-28-2013, 10:53 PM
We are keeping your family so close in our prayers... :'(
We pray our Jayden & the other cherubs were there to welcome him with open arms...
(((((HUGS!)))))

SHelly Moore

pearlmae
08-29-2013, 10:21 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a beautiful tribute and beautiful baby.

AmandaPlakholm
08-29-2013, 09:01 PM
I am so sorry. Your family will be in my prayers and we are here for you to talk to.

Chris and TracyMeats
09-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Praying for your family. I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing Liam with us.

AmandaPlakholm
09-04-2013, 12:29 PM
What an amazing video to tribute Liam's journey. Sending more prayers to all of you.

jcrawford
04-25-2014, 10:16 PM
so sorry for your loss very beautiful and moving tribute prayers from our family to yours