PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Wilmington NC Events

MattW
02-24-2014, 10:19 PM
We have some awesome events coming up in Wilmington NC that you may want to mark your calendar for!

March 15 - Eli's Family Fun Run. Founded in memory of our cherub, Eli's Family Fun Run is a 1 mile run / walk to benefit Cherubs. It is also part of the Wrightsville Beach Marathon Weekend for you runners out there. For the truly hard core, this year we are also offering the 3 Pointer (Eli's Run, the 5K, and Half Marathon) and 3 Pointer in OT (Eli's Run, the 5K, and Full Marathon) to fuel the March Madness!

It is a great family event and we would love to have you. Registration is here:
http://www.wrightsvillebeachmarathon.com/?page_id=11

April 19 - Spin for CDH. We will be riding stationary bikes to mark the International Day of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Awareness. Starting at midnight and running the full 24 hours of April 19th, we will pedal for 24 hours for all the cherubs out there! We need people to take 1hr shifts and the only cost is your time. If you're in the Wilmington area, please come join us! Message me if you want to claim your hour.

Chris and TracyMeats
02-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Thank you for sharing Matt! I hope your run goes very well this year and Eli's love is felt all around.

The spin for CDH sounds like a blast! Wish NC was closer. Hope it is a great 24 hours!

KarlaHolt
02-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Sounds fun Matt! We are planning to attend Eli's Run. I'll be in Wake Forest for the 19th but the spin event sounds great! I put both events in the newsletter I sent out with our co-rep letter. I hope members will attend!