PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Miles for Sammy!

MonicaForquer
10-28-2014, 02:28 PM
My husband and I are starting a fundraiser! I'm going to start sending the link out to all my family and friends tonight. We are going to complete a total of 1000 miles for Sammy, and we are asking people to donate to CHERUBS in support! Here's the fundraising page I created:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/milesforsammy/cherubs

I loved doing all sorts of physical activity when I was pregnant with Sam. Now that he's gone, being on the road on a run or bike has been very healing for me. So I think this fundraiser will be a great way to celebrate Sammy's life and help us move forward, not to mention, CHERUBS will get more support!

I think I'd like to culminate the 1000 miles by holding a 5k so that others can join us as we finish our miles. Has anyone ever done that before? If so, I'd love some advice!

Chris and TracyMeats
10-29-2014, 02:18 PM
What a neat idea to celebrate Sammy's life and to do in his memory. I am sure he will be with you and your husband in spirit, every mile you complete.

We do have a fundraising coordinator who would be happy to help too. If you want her to help set up an eventpage on our facebook page, she can do that for you and help put the word out too. Her name is Karla Holt and she can be reached at fundraising@cherubs-cdh.org. If you are planning on donating the money to CHERUBS, you can choose how you want the money to be used or spent too, for we have various areas that families donate too.

We will be cheering you and your husband on from afar....love your idea!

MonicaForquer
10-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks Tracy! Of course I want the money to go to CHERUBS! I emailed Karla before I started the fundraiser. She was the one that recommended the firstgiving webpage--it's so easy, you just let them know who you're raising money for and the donations go there! I will definitely contact her about the Facebook page though! Great idea!

So far I've already raised almost $600. My goal is $3000 and I'm pretty sure we'll get there!

Chris and TracyMeats
10-30-2014, 10:58 AM
You are doing awesome, already making progress towards your goal!!!

FeleciaWoodruff
10-30-2014, 10:46 PM
WTG Monica!

KarlaHolt
10-31-2014, 11:03 AM
Amazing!! Way to go!

AmandaPlakholm
10-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Great idea Monica!

MichelleC
11-04-2014, 10:50 AM
What a wonderful way to honour your son. We are cheering you on!

MonicaForquer
11-04-2014, 03:11 PM
Already up to $900 and 89.5 miles!

Chris and TracyMeats
11-05-2014, 03:11 PM
That is wonderful!!! Sammy is with you each mile you go, cheering you on too....(((HUGS))).

AmandaPlakholm
11-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Wow that's amazing Monica!