PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser for Phoenix

StarH
12-18-2014, 09:31 AM
when i was 28 weeks pregnant i went into preterm labor and they discovered that our little phoenix had a LCDH I am now 30 weeks pregnant and still having difficulty dealing with this, we have 3 kids 2 are through a previous marriage my fiance had and we have one healthy girl together, finding out that our second child was going to have such a struggle when he was born was a very big surprise to us and we are still surprised and upset and of course worried about his health. they gave him a 50-60% chance of survival.. and we are hoping for the best.

With 3 other kids you can imagine that money is tight and especially because christmas is near.. but no body asks for things like this... there are no good or bad times.. they just happen and i wish they never had to

We created a gofundme account because we dont have lot of money and we're saving up for the hospital stay for traveling and food expenses while he is there, I plan on in the future once he is born making a yearly fundraiser in his honor whether or not he makes it and donating it to the Cherubs and other CDH gofundme accounts to help other families in need like ours. You could help out by sharing the link and spreading the word around... we'd like to spend every moment we can with him, thank you.

http://www.gofundme.com/is6qcg

please continue to share, pray and donate to our cause... he means everything to us just like our other kids and we want to be with him for every precious moment <3

Chris and TracyMeats
12-18-2014, 11:40 AM
(((HUGS))) Star....it is so hard to ask for help during a difficult time. Just going to toss this out there to you too, once your baby is here and in the NICU, please contact the CPAB for financial assistance too. Send our parent advisory board (CPAB) an email with a brief message saying why you are looking for assistance and a status update on your baby. The grants are small, meant for travel expenses, to get to and from hospital, parking fees, ect...but we are able to send out a grant in the amount of $250 to help out. The email to the CPAB is cpab@cherubs-cdh.org, so do keep that in mind once your son arrives.

My parents did a raffle when Ian was in the hospital years ago. They got businesses to donate prizes and they sold raffle tickets. Raised money to help us with expenses that were not covered by insurance or travel expenses, for we were 3 hours away from home. Means the world when others help out during a difficult time.

Praying for strength for Phoenix and your family, (((HUGS)))

StarH
12-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Thank you so much for that info! Yes it is tough asking for help.. especially when you are not the type of person to do so.. but he's our family and we love him dearly and family is everything to us.. wed love to spend every moment we can with him because daddy is taking time off work to be with us at hospital for every moment just in case!