PDA

View Full Version : Bottle and puke questions

KimColo
09-11-2015, 11:54 AM
What bottles helped your baby not puke? Also I'd like to be added to the Facebook group.

AmandaPlakholm
09-13-2015, 08:54 PM
Kim, we had good luck with platex for out girl but we had to change the nipple multiple times to get the right flow. To fast made her throw up and to slow made her exhausted and not eat enough.

LHenderson
09-14-2015, 10:41 PM
We used the Tommie Tippie bottles. They were closest to a breast nipple and worked well since we primarily breast fed.

Chris and TracyMeats
09-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Are you guys home from the hospital now? Our survivor group is for members that are home from the NICU, we want to have to avoid moving members from the groups. We do have a more open group here if you are still in the NICU, https://www.facebook.com/groups/2243563143/. If you are home from the NICU, can you update your profile and I can send you an invite to join the survivor group. We are missing your baby's city of birthplace. You can make changes to your profile, by going to Settings in the upper right hand corner, and then to Edit Profile. You can make changes to your profile and hit save at the end of the form.

We used pretty basic bottle with Ian, want to say we used Gerber 11 years ago with him and the very basic nipples on the bottle. I don't even know if they still make them. The hospital bottles were pretty basic and we tried to match them. The trick for us was finding a nipple flow that worked and that takes time and just trying them out. We also had to sit Ian very up right during and after feeds or it would come back up. About 4 years ago, I had another son and we used the Dr. Brown bottles with him and I wish I had used them all along with my other kiddos.