PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS Posting Contest!

admin
09-13-2007, 11:10 AM
To jump start and celebrate our new web site we are having a posting contest. Every month for the next year one lucky and talkative and supportive member will win a CHERUBS t-shirt.

Shirts come in blue and pink and you have a choice of shirts found out http://www.cdhsupport.org/fundraisers/t-shirts.php
, any size, any style. This includes shirts for members, kids, cherubs and medical professionals. This contest does not include shirts sold on our cafepress store but rather the shirts we have in stock in our office.

There are 3 rules for this contest:

1. You must be a member of CHERUBS and posts must be made here on this site's forum.
2. Your posts can not be "fluff post" created solely to raise your posting numbers. They must be at least 3 sentences long and either a sincere new post or a sincere reply to someone else's post.
3. Chatroom posts, photo comments and blog posts do not count as forum posts.

All members may participate but the admin (aka Dawn) is disqualified because posting is part of my job. :)

CHERUBS T-Shirts! (http://www.cdhsupport.org/fundraisers/t-shirts.php)

You can keep track of the top posters at http://cdhsupport.org/members/statistics.php

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-01-2007, 10:36 PM
We have a tie for September!!!

Danielle Kessner and Tammy Spohr both had 31 posts for the month of September, tying for the win! Congratulations Danielle and Spohr! E-mail me with your t-shirt preferences (color, size, etc)!

Following closely was Corin Nava with 28 and Amy Rademaker with 22 posts.

Let's add another 2 rules to this contest:

#4 You can tie with another member. Deadline is midnight on the last day of the month in Eastern Standard Time.
#5 You can only win once per year.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-23-2007, 08:58 AM
1 week left in October!

Danielle and Tammy, please e-mail me your shirt preferences and your mailing addresses and I'll get those t-shirts to you ASAP.

Shirts come in blue and pink and you have a choice of shirts found out http://www.cdhsupport.org/fundraisers/t-shirts.php

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-29-2007, 07:56 PM
2 days left in October!!! :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Congratulations to Corin for being our October winner! Corin, you are the new, proud of owner of a CHERUBS t-shirt! It's not a new car, but it's just as cool! :D E-mail me which you'd like (pink or blue, size, etc) from the t-shirts here http://www.cdhsupport.org/fundraisers/t-shirts.php

LiseDill
11-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey congrats Corin!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Congrats to Stephanie Olivarez for being our November winner!

Ok, winners, send me your orders!

Corin Nava
12-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Congrats Stephanie :)

LiseDill
12-10-2007, 05:43 PM
How many did she get???
Oh and yea, congratulations!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 06:25 PM
She's over 200 posts. :)

You can view all the stats here: http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/statistics.php

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 06:26 PM
She's over 200 posts. Lise, you and Kara seem to be battling it out for December's win. :)

You can view all the stats here: http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/statistics.php

karahess
12-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh no! I'm gonna have to get talking even though I do have strep throat! Lise, be quiet for the month of December so I can get my free t-shirt! Ha ha! :c6

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Lise, quiet for a month? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Love ya Lise! ;)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 06:41 PM
If you ladies tie, you both get shirts! 0:-)

LiseDill
12-10-2007, 09:06 PM
oh man...ok kara, the race is on!!!

karahess
12-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Of course I'll lose. I think the only thing I have ever won is a dozen delightful donuts from Genevas Dairy Delite back in 1987.

StephanieOlivarez
12-10-2007, 09:43 PM
GO LADIES GO!!!!!!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Awww, Kara, you can do it. I'm hoping you ladies tie so we can give you both shirts. :)

StephanieOlivarez
12-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Kara- positve thinking GIRL!!!!!
I hope you both win and you both get shirts!!!!!!
You still have the whole month!!!!!!!!

CristaHavar
12-11-2007, 02:46 AM
GO Ladies!!! I love reading your posts, even though I don't always post myself.
I am rooting for both!

Hugs from Germany,
Crista

LiseDill
12-11-2007, 08:41 AM
Kara, I hope we tie too. There's too much pressure for little ol' me.

karahess
12-11-2007, 09:23 AM
We do know how to make the site interesting and entertaining don't we there, Big Guns! :c7

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 09:49 AM
You ladies are cracking me up!!!!!
Every time I look on the website- guess what I see.
Lise and Kara!!!!!! :D

karahess
12-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I think I'll give Lise a chance to catch up. I'm taking off for the day to go Christmas shopping and then I have to clean this house. Early intervention is coming tomorrow and the way my house looks, they might try and call in social services or something.

LiseDill
12-11-2007, 12:06 PM
awww, kara, you are so sweet.
My shopping is done. I try to grab as much stuff the day after Christmas. We got tons of stuff 75% off for this yr.
Have fun and stay safe

karahess
12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
I have 80% of the shopping done about a month ago, but am down to the toughies. I ventured out and I think I sat in traffic longer than I was in stores. What are all those people doing out at 2:00 in the afternoon? They're supposed to be in school or working. I got a few things but found myself walking around in circles and so I bought a ham and gave up.

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't know if I should reply or not....
Where are you Lise?????????
I am happy to say i am totally done...even presents we mail..have been mailed.
I have a lot to wrap...but it is here in the house.
I am working on this Rat Patrol flyer for the CHERUBS fundraiser and I actually got Shelby to sit on a 4-wheeler!!!!! I am going to try and forward it so you guys can see it!! I am so excited!!!!!!

LiseDill
12-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I never go on after like 3. My kids get the computer then
Victoria on Webkins
Jason on Itunes
Nick on Runescape. They each get an hour.
Sometimes if Jason isn't downloading a movie to his ipod then I'll go on when emmie's trying to sleep.
But I'm here!
Just trying to stay toasty warm.....

karahess
12-31-2007, 09:51 PM
Come on, Lise - just a couple more posts for us to tie it up and end our posting year!!

Corin Nava
12-31-2007, 10:37 PM
You two have been crazy this month! Is there anything you don't respond to? :)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Ok, the winners for December are Lise *and* Kara! Congratulations to both of you! Please send me your t-shirt orders (I think the link is earlier in this thread). Congratulations!!!!

Ok, it's a whole new year, who will be the first winner of 2008????

StephanieOlivarez
01-05-2008, 02:11 PM
CONGRATS to both Lise and Kara.
Way to go girlz!!!!!!

LiseDill
01-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey congrats to you Kara!
Can I have mine in Victoria's size?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I think January's winner was Kate??? Is this correct???

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Lise, any size you want!

Winners who haven't sent in size preferences or addresses - please e-mail me so I can get them in the mail tomorrow! dawn_torrence@cherubs-cdh.org

StephanieOlivarez
02-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Congrats Kate!!!!!!
You won a shirt and I can tell you I love mine and wear it very often.

KateC
02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Woohoo! Thank you!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Any idea who our February winner is?

StephanieOlivarez
03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Danielle, Tania or Shaz???????

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Ok, previous winners....

September - Danielle & Tammy
October - Corin
November - Stephanie
December - Lise and Kara
January - Kate
February - Tania!!!!

You can only win once a year. Who's going to be our winner for March!?

Tania, please send me your shirt preferences!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Stephanie, you surpassed me for most posts total today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Over 1500 posts in 5 months!!!! Whew, woman!!! lol. Now I feel guilty and have to post more!!! lol.

StephanieOlivarez
03-16-2008, 09:25 PM
YEAH TANIA!!!!!!!!!Congrats!!You get a very cool CHERUBS shirt!!!
WOW-1500 posts in 5 months!!! I truly believe in CHERUBS, it's members and LOVE being apart of this group. I feel like if I don't get on it everyday--I am missing something. CHERUBS has helped me so much-I want to try and help others.
So Dawn---you and I should get into a posting contest??!!!
I am ONLY joking. :D
So does this mean I get another cool tee-shirt?????? :P

Corin Nava
03-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Congrats Tania!

lol-Steph, I don't think there is a thread you haven't posted to! I really don't know how you find the time to keep up with everything. You and Dawn both amaze me!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 09:40 PM
ROFL, Stephanie!!! I think you'd beat me in a contest. lol. You know what, you totally deserve another t-shirt!

TaniaSmythe
03-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey cool thanks, i've wanted a t-shirt for ages but have never gotten around to ordering one. I will have to order one for Darryl oneday soon though.
Steph i dont know how you find the time to post so much, i have trouble keeping up with the ones i post on.

StephanieOlivarez
03-16-2008, 10:08 PM
I LOVE tee-shirts--my new wardrobe has been nothing but CDH and CHERUBS wear. Shane asked me if I was going to wear anything else!
It is such a great way to get CDH Awareness out there and let people know about CHERUBS.

Corin-you are amazing also!!Taking care of a new baby and finding the time to get on CHERUBS and support SO many members! How is that sweet baby girl?

StephanieOlivarez
03-16-2008, 10:14 PM
I'll tell you Tania--Shane has been such a blessing to me-in the idea that he knows how important CHERUBS is to me, he gives me time to get on the computer and have that alone time everyday. He works outside of the house and gets to get out everyday. I sometimes don't get out for days. CHERUBS is away for me to have adult interaction and I am so thankful for that.
Plus-when the kids are asleep--I can have quiet time to catch up on what I missed during the day.
It is just a blessing to be here at CHERUBS.

Corin Nava
03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Awww-thanks Steph. Makayla is doing well-driving me a bit nutty the last few days-you know no sleep... but I am still loving every minute of finally getting to be a mommy! It all really makes me miss my little boy though...

We got some really good pics done last week at Sears-check them out on her webpage- I love them! www.totsites.com/tot/makaylanava

StephanieOlivarez
03-16-2008, 10:36 PM
They are all BEAUTIFUL!!!The ones of you and Nate looking at Makayla, are just precious!!Sears did a GREAT job.
I know how much you miss Gabe---but know he is watching over you and Makayla and he will always be Makayla's guardian angel. He will always watch over Mommy and Daddy to.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
03-16-2008, 10:55 PM
They are beautiful photos!!!! You all look so happy and I am so happy for you!! Stephanie is right, Corin, Gabe is with you.

TaniaSmythe
03-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Corin those photos are very well done, Makayla is beautiful.
Steph, you have a great man there to let you have alone time on the computer. Unfortunately when my kids go to bed i am not far behind them so all my computer time is during the day and it's starting to show as my housework has been known to suffer on the odd day :-) but i don't care as i love posting on cherubs!

StephanieOlivarez
03-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Housework, housework....YUCK!!!!! I try and plan everyday to do a certain task that needs to be done and somedays--I say...forget it. I am going to play with the kids and play on CHERUBS!!It will still be there tomorrow!!!!

TaniaSmythe
03-16-2008, 11:19 PM
I wish i could but with two large dogs and two kids (plus Darryl) some things have to be done everyday. I am getting good at getting it all done before i turn the computer on though :-)

StephanieOlivarez
03-17-2008, 12:49 PM
now that is a good thought-I can do everything I have do--then get on my computer and Shane can't say I didn't do anything all day long.
Your house sounds like mine-except we have 4 cats, a dog, 4 kids and sometimes Shane jumps in there like he is a child!!!lol it makes for lots of fun with the girls.
Do you ever feel like there is never a dull moment in your house?

TaniaSmythe
03-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I am sure after this next baby is born there will never be a dull moment!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Ok, winners who haven't received your t-shirts yet, please choose one (the pink or blue ones our site... not the cafepress ones, sorry) and e-mail me your preferences! dawn_torrence@cherubs-cdh.org

Who will be our winner for April???????

PennyCampsey
04-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Who WILL be the WINNER LOL!
When will we know who the winner is, I just somehow stumbled on this post

AmyMiles
04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Steph- how many hours a day are you on CHERUBS? I really don't know how you do it and keep everyone straight!

StephanieOlivarez
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I stay signed in pretty much all day long and come and post and continue to do what I need.
At night after all the homework is done and Shane is home from work--I try to stay caught up with CHERUBS. Plus get everyone settled.
That is why you all see my name as being on-line all the time.
I do walk away from the site. lol

The girls have a pretty good schudule and that helps. Keeping them with a good schudule--helps in keeping everyday life a lot more stress free.
I can have time to do what I enjoy and stay in tune with CHERUBS.

Shane is such a help in everything that we do--it makes life go very smooth.

Shelby takes naps in the afternoon. Taylor has pre-school three days in the mornings and then the other two have school all day.
Next year all three girls will be in school all day.
Shelby and I will be here all by ourselves and that will be weird for me. It will be so quiet in the house.
I am not used to quiet!!!!!

But to say I am on CHERUBS for around 8 hours a day. On and off. If I am not too tired at the end of the day--I stay on it until I can't keep my eyes open.

I wonder how much other members are actually on CHERUBS? That would be a great question for the thread, "Time to ponder more questions."

PennyCampsey
04-28-2008, 08:13 PM
NOw that i have a computer that works, LOL i'm on and off, here and there .... so i am on much more now .. I LOVE IT

DanielleGolding
05-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Go Shaz, I just checked out that stats link and you are doing mighty fine!!! Maybe you'll get a tee this month. Do we all wear them to the conference, I need to order some in time!!!

PennyCampsey
05-26-2008, 08:44 AM
who won last month?