PDA

View Full Version : How To Upload A Photo

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Some of you are having trouble with the albums so here is more info...

- You must be logged in to upload any photos

- You must have cookies and javascript enabled on your web browser

- You can set up your own album by clicking on the bottom of the Users Albums page at http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/album_personal_index.php

- You can only upload 1 photo in the Survivors and Non-Survivors album

- You can upload many photos in the Conferences, Get-Together, Contest albums, as well as your personal album

- Your photo must be in .JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, or .PNG format. BMP photos are not allowed.

- Your photo must be no more than 1024 pixels wide by 768 pixels tall.

- Your photo must be no more than 150 KB large. (We have to pay for hosting storage so we can't allow a ton of huge photos)

- Your photo description needs to be less than 150 characters

- All albums are public so be careful of what you post!

- You can edit and delete photos that you post

karahess
10-14-2007, 07:33 AM
HELP! When I click on that link to go to the user photos page, there isn't any place on the page to click on to upload or create a new user album!

Amy Rademaker
10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
If you are on the CHERUBS Forum Index, Click on Album, go to the bottom of the page and click on Your Personal Album, you should be able to upload from there. Email if you need help: CMC052007@gmail.com

Amy Rademaker
10-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Sorry, it should be Your Personal Gallery at the bottom of the page.

KateC
12-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I am still having trouble uploading photos. It keeps saying they are too big. How do I make my pictures smaller?

KateC
12-30-2007, 09:33 AM
I am still having trouble uploading photos. It keeps saying they are too big. How do I make my pictures smaller?

Corin Nava
12-30-2007, 08:22 PM
1. Open your picture in Paint
2. Click on "Image"
3. Click on "stretch/skew"
4. Enter the same number under both the horizontal and vertical box (I usually do 25%)
5. Save the picture

That usually makes them small enough-but if your picture is really large you might need to use a smaller number. If you still have problems PM me- I can try to help

StephanieOlivarez
12-30-2007, 09:22 PM
Corin- that is a big help!!
Thank you. I want to put some recent pictures and now have no one to help, but this should get me there.

Corin Nava
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Glad to help :)

karahess
12-31-2007, 03:01 PM
That's the same way I shrink pictures, too, and it works pretty well. I just don't enjoy doing it for multiple pictures. Wish I had a picture shrinking program on this computer. I have one on my other computer, but it is out of memory and isn't running so well lately. Time to get an upgrade.

KateC
01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I never even thought of that!! THANK YOU SO MUCH CORIN!!

karahess
01-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm just testing a picture resizing and posting program.

http://i7.tinypic.com/7317iaq.jpg

StephanieOlivarez
01-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Gosh Kara Adam is darling.
He has so many teeth!!!!!
Love the Osh Kosh overalls.

KateC
01-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I got most of my pictures posted!! Corin - I just got my retouched photos back, they look awesome! I will post them soon!!

Corin Nava
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Kate-thats awesome! I can't wait to see them!

PennyCampsey
04-09-2008, 09:02 PM
just needing to figure out how to add pics in my personal gallery .. help you guys !!

StephanieOlivarez
04-10-2008, 09:51 AM
I just read another post from you.
Did you figure this out?
If not, let me know and I will get you there!!!!

PennyCampsey
04-22-2008, 08:09 AM
I still cant get the thing figured out LOL
it's like upload photo has disappeared, I went to forum, album, my personal gallery and it just says simple view, not upload photo. Shoot, i've got some cute pics i'm really wanting to put on.
HELP

StephanieOlivarez
04-22-2008, 08:18 PM
You went under user album right?
Go to your album and upload photo should be there??????
I will go look at mine.

PennyCampsey
04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
i know it shows up sometime and some times it doesnt
LOL
it's always when i want to upload that it isnt there
argh

PennyCampsey
04-22-2008, 08:52 PM
i am going to try again now

PennyCampsey
06-12-2008, 09:40 PM
KARA .. CORIN .. how did you get the photos here on the post section? dont say photobucket i'll scream LOL i just cant figure out how to get them here

PennyCampsey
06-12-2008, 09:41 PM
OK HELP!
i cant add photos in my album, when i click on upload photo, it makes me sign in over and over and over and over and then eventually takes me to a lovely blank white page .. any helP ??

Corin Nava
06-13-2008, 08:22 AM
OK-as far as uploading the pictures....I'm not sure. Try using a different browser, if you use Internet explorer it can give you issues with the website. I use Mozilla Firefox and never had a problem, but every time I use Internet Explorer it messes me up.

The only way I know how to add photos on your posts is to use something like (don't hurt me :) ) photobucket! Let me help you set up an account there! What are you having problems with there? If you email me some pictures I will post them for you if you really don't want to try photobucket.

PennyCampsey
06-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Corin, you are an angel
I have an account on photobucket, it just takes me forever, no photos have loaded b/c it takes so long maybe b/c of dial up. i'll email you a pic to see what you can do with it, thank you SUGAR :) with my southern slang...

PennyCampsey
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
just sent you one to your email address .. thank you

Corin Nava
06-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Penny-no problem! Dial up sucks! :) I couldn't survive-lol. Send me any pictures you want, and I will post them. I just started a Cole's Pictures thread :)

PennyCampsey
06-13-2008, 08:44 PM
you are so awesome CORIN ! DID YOU get the other pic i sent?
i'll send more soon...
where's cole's picture thread ?? you know i'm slow at this
we can only get diap up, that sucks bad

karahess
06-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Tinypic.com is what I use. Like this . . . . . . ok, here I go . . . . . . browse, message board size, upload! Copy image link you want and paste into CHERUBS message

See - works every time. Your turn!

http://i28.tinypic.com/5zi06c.jpg

PennyCampsey
06-14-2008, 02:07 PM
you girl!
i will work on that this weekned, you all are so smart !!
IS that CORIN ??????
great pic by the way :)

karahess
06-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Yep, that's Corin. She kept eating her hot dog off the stick. With each bite, she'd squirt on some mustard.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
06-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey, that's a good idea Corin!!! I'm a mustard nut myself and love grilled hotdogs.... that idea sounds yummy!!

PennyCampsey
06-15-2008, 06:11 PM
i love mustard .... can we get vegetarian weenies ??
i knew that would get eveyone's attention " HUNGH .. you gotta be kidding me " but no, i dont eat weenies, that's ok thought b/c if Kara can deal with my flip flops flopping then I can smell weenies !!!!!!! LOL

Corin Nava
06-15-2008, 10:29 PM
O geez! I hate pictures of myself!

Kara kept laughing at me b/c I was eating my hotdogs off the stick with nothing but mustard :) Camping to me means FLIP FLOPS (I probably drove Kara nuts-lol) bathing suits, hot dogs and marshmellows! Who needs plates or buns-as long as I have a bottle of mustard I am loving life.

PennyCampsey
06-15-2008, 10:40 PM
R we sisters ??
LOL
I grew up eating MUSTARD BISCUITS FOR BREAKFAST...
started off my getting sausage, but ended up tossing the sausage and only putting mustand on it, so mom said, just get it plain and put mustard on it YUMMMMMMY!
that was a GOOD picture GIRL!
i love flip flops too, of course !

karahess
06-16-2008, 06:46 AM
I need my carbs!! Plus the bun hides what I'm actually eating. If I look at the hotdog and think about it, I get heeby jeebies. The bun is a nice surprise.

I admit - I'm too girly girl for camping!

StephanieOlivarez
06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
Corin-I love the picture!! You look like your having a great time!!
Mustard and hot dogs are the way to go!!!
I eat mustard sandwiches all the time!!!!

Gotta love the flip flops!!!!!

Too girly girl for camping Kara!!! You need to get a camper and I know you would LOVE it!!! lol

PennyCampsey
06-16-2008, 09:23 PM
we got the tent steph but it rained so we didnt camp out in the back
yahoo..i prayed for rain LOL
'i'm kidding, i know scott loves this so i am going to try my best, i'll probably have to get medication ..l
EVER SEE THE MOVIE PARENT TRAP THE OLD ONE.. WHERE THE GIRLFRIEND IS GOING AROUND HITTING STICKS TOGETHER TO NOT ATTRACT BEAR OR SOMETHING, THAT WILL BE ME LoL

PennyCampsey
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
ME TOO KARA, i say we all go camping and Penny and Kara will find a nice comfy hotel with a spa,, etc while yall are roughing it oh and shopping and yard sales too right kara\

StephanieOlivarez
06-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Well I like Spa's to!
So that would be a hard call for me.
I for sure would not miss out on the garage sales!!!!!!
Maybe we could go for a long week-end and we could try both!!! lol
Tents, campers and hotel's with Spa's.

PennyCampsey
06-16-2008, 10:04 PM
DONT FORGET SCRAPBOOKING lol

PennyCampsey
06-16-2008, 10:05 PM
ok yard sales fit my budget better than the other alternatives mentioned

Liz Dunne
06-17-2008, 05:44 AM
can someone please help me upload an avatar?

karahess
06-17-2008, 07:38 AM
So what we need is a state park with a nice lodge or cozy cabins! The happy medium for those who like that park and outdoor feel but also good for us girly girls!

Corin Nava
06-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Cabins are great! Maybe next year we can find a camp ground with cabins to rent! The best of both worlds :)

Corin Nava
06-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Liz-to upload an avatar-
1.go to PROFILE which is on the top near the NEW POSTS and INBOX
2. Scroll all the way to the bottom
3. When you find the avatar box at the very bottom click BROWSE
4. Select the photo you want
5. Here where it can get tricky-it has to be a very small photo, so if it says that the photo is too big you have to shrink it using a shrinking program such as photobucket or:
1. Open the picture in Paint
2. Click on Image
3. Click on Stretch/Skew
4. Enter a number under Stretch-such as 15 in both boxes
5. Save

If it still says its too big, just try it again until its small enough to work

PennyCampsey
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
We have SMITH MOUNTAIN STATE park that is great but get this, they told me the other day that cabins fill up almost a year in advance, SO if that's something we all want to do we need to plan early ahead!
there is also a neat place in VA near Natural Bridge, well it is at natural bridge, its jellystone park, so neat looking! plus there is a zoo there, a drive through zoo, caverns, Natural bridge, etc
Just FYI

Chris and TracyMeats
06-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Need some help! To post a picture to a post--is the only way to use photobucket? Is photobucket easy to use and navigate around, for when it comes to "techie/computer" stuff I am not that knowledgeable. If you say that is the only way and it is EASY, I will give it try.
Thanks!

Corin Nava
06-24-2008, 12:24 PM
There are other programs you can use-but photobucket is the most common. It is easy!

1.Go to Photobucket.com
2. Click JOIN NOW
3. Follow the steps to get an account
4. Once you have an account you will see a box that says UPLOAD IMAGES
5. Click CHOOSE FILES and find the picture you want to upload
6. Click on the picture and click OPEN
7. Once it uploads you will see your picture. Under the picture will be a list of codes. Copy the code that is after IMG CODE
8. Paste the code into your post and it should show up

Feel free to PM me if you need any help!

Chris and TracyMeats
06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks Corin! It really was easy to use and get a picture posted (my family picture) in the please list your family names topic. Thank you for easy to follow steps!!

Corin Nava
06-24-2008, 12:45 PM
no problem! Glad I can help :) BTW-You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing.