PDA

View Full Version : Baby Books?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-06-2007, 08:33 PM
If we designed and offered a baby book, would any of you be interested? Something that would be geared toward babies in the NICU / PICU rather than the typical baby book. It would be written so that all critically ill newborns could use it, not just CDH babies. What does everyone think?

If you're interested in this idea and helping out with it, please make sure to volunteer! We still need authors and artists for our kids books!

DanielleKessner
10-06-2007, 10:09 PM
I think this is a WONDERFUL idea. I won't volunteer as I really didn't spend much time in NICU so don't really know what would work best etc. But I am sure we have HEAPS of members who could help out. I think a lot of family and friends would love to buy this as a gift for parents expecting a sick baby. I would certainly buy it for people if I knew they would be in that situation.

Barbara and KevinWagner
10-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Dawn this has always been one of my biggest complaints!! We NICU parents just can not use a standard baby book........(where in the world would you put ECMO?!?!!).........I made one for myself and have always said that one should be put out there!

Barbara

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Barb, since you have experience at this, does this mean I can recruit you? ;)

What are we doing up at 1:30 am? I'm off to bed. I'll draft you for this tomorrow. 0:-)

Barbara and KevinWagner
10-07-2007, 02:01 AM
LOL Ok I can be drafted! Hehehehe! I am off to bed also! Night!

Chantal Verzijl
10-07-2007, 04:50 AM
I think this is a great idea. I kept a diary when Kaylee was on ICU and still do, but I think I would be a very nice gift for parents who are expecting a sick baby.

karahess
10-07-2007, 07:15 AM
This is a great idea! I was given a baby book from the March of Dimes and it just wasn't appropriate either for our situation. It was for the disabled or terminally ill, but hardly any of it applied to a CDH situation.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok, how many volunteers do we have? :) If you'd like to volunteer to help with the baby book, please e-mail me at volunteer@cherubs-cdh.org

Tammy Pettus-Kopacz
10-23-2007, 02:39 PM
You are soooooo SMART. How do you come up with these ideas? Because I could find a baby book for Bryston 70 days in the NICU, I just created a scrapbook instead. I love to scrapbook! I'll email ya, I'd love to help.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Ok, those of you that want to volunteer, please e-mail me! And those of you who have scrapbooked baby books for your cherubs, please scan those for us!

Actually, should we combine the baby book idea with the Parent Reference Guide?