PDA

View Full Version : CDH Awareness Stickers

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure if these are in other areas of the country but here in North Carolina we have OBX stickers. OBX is short for The Outter Banks (Cape Hatteras, Kitty Hawk, etc). They are black and white oval stickers. There are now other areas that are doing the same thing with the 3 initials in black and white.

What do you all think of having CDH on stickers like these? We can do stickers, magnets, t-shirts, etc.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Sample of what I'm talking about. These aren't quite as feminine / child oriented as the cherubs logos so maybe we can convince the dads to wear clothing if we used this logo instead.

http://www.cdhsupport.org/graphics/cdhsticker.gif

StephanieOlivarez
10-21-2007, 10:27 PM
I think the sample is a blunt to someone looking at it. I hope that makes sense. I like it. People who don't know what CDH is would look at it and ask what is CDH!
Stephanie(Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I hope so, Stephanie, that's what we want! :) I know I looked at the OBX sticker when I first saw it and *had* to ask the person what it meant. It's almost like the oval and the initials are hypnotic. ;) Any way we can get people to ask about CDH is a great way to me!

KimberlyRichards
10-22-2007, 08:43 AM
So, would you change all your logos to this one? Does it have to be
black and white?

Kim

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-22-2007, 08:46 AM
We wouldn't change our logos, this would just be an additional option for fundraising items like stickers, shirts, etc.

karahess
10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
If you do the research: It's a European thing, and guys think it's stylish. (Yes, I know... guys, stylish, that's a oxymoron), but it appeals to the not-so-cutsie crowd. I think that it's an excellent option to show your support without defacing your Volvo.

- Chuck: Kara's hubby, Adam's father, and (ahem) not a the owner of a Volvo.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Great! Glad to hear that you will wear it, Chuck! ;) BTW, you can get your own profile and post on the dad's section too (that's a huge hint - we need the dads more involved here!).

karahess
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Sorry, Dawn, he's not willing to go that far. We talked about it last night and I really tried to encourage him, but its a no go!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Awww, ok. But in the future, if he changes his mind, tell him the men don't have to talk about CDH and "feelings" and such. I don't care if they talk about football and Tiger Woods and the latest beer, we just want to get the dads talking. ;)

Amy Rademaker
10-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Those types of stickers by us are for city abbreviations. For example GH is for Grand Haven. A lot of high schools around here are doing it. I've not heard of it for anything other than cityname or areas. It is worth a try though.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
If we can do it for free at cafepress.com, it can't hurt. Craig said he'd definitely wear that logo. He wasn't too keen on wearing the cutesie cherubs one. So now we have:

The regular logo of the cherubs
The cherubs cartoon characters individually

Adding:

This new CDH logo
Raphael's angels
Ribbon logos, once we decide on those

Barbara and I will be busy getting all this uploaded for a while! I'm still working on the old graphics trying to replace all the web site addresses.

DarleneSilverman
10-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Wow, Dawn, the black and white logo is an excellent idea and the sample you posted is great looking. I think it will definitely help to bring about CDH awareness!

Barbara and KevinWagner
10-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I love that Logo Dawn!! I have been looking at the sweatshirts at Cafepress for the boys. I am afraid that if I order one for Shane it will end up under his bed....or somewhere like that! LOL I just do not understand why a 16 year old would not want to wear the CHERUBS shirts........sigh......LOL I think that it would be a great addition!

Barb

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-18-2007, 11:26 AM
The new black and white CDH Logo is now on our cafepress.com store on over 50 items. Hats, shirts, tote bags, buttons, signs, and much more.

http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs/3918170

We're still working on other sections of the store (the logo characters) so please check back often.

karahess
11-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Wow! There is so much more there than I ever expected in that Black and White "CDH" look! I can't wait to order stuff!

StephanieOlivarez
11-18-2007, 04:58 PM
I just placed and order---and YES Shane, picked out a black and white logo shirt!!!!!!
Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!
There is hope for other husbands and older children!!LOL

karahess
11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Ok Dawn - Chuck is being anal on us. He looked at the new guyish stuff and said "what the heck - where is the oval sticker in white with black lettering, like the original OBX style." :crazy: What are we gonna do with him!?!?! And he joking wants to know if you'll do up one that says "CJH" as those are his initials. Ha ha!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
I swear there is just no pleasing some people! ;) LOL, tell Chuck the white with black is on the black clothing. If he wants something in particular with the logo that way let me know and I'll add it just for him! If he starts posting on the board then I'll consider doing up a CJH one just for him. LOL.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-18-2007, 06:04 PM
I just put up the items in white with black. Chuck was right, it looks much better this way! :)

I left the black with white there too in case someone preferred that instead.

karahess
11-18-2007, 07:04 PM
See, I rather prefer the black with white!

karahess
11-19-2007, 07:32 AM
There is something he wanted in particular. Who da thunkit! He would like a sweatshirt with a small logo in the corner instead of a big one in the middle. And I would prefer a sweatshirt with the smaller ribbon logo in the corner vs. a big one in the middle. Can that be done?