PDA

View Full Version : Coupons, formula, etc.

karahess
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
How many of you out there are like me and get all these awesome formula, pediasure, diaper, etc. coupons and can't use them. You hate to throw them out cause they're so good. Or what about extra unopened containers of formula, thick-it, etc that you can't use anymore. Don't you hate to just pitch it. So many times I've wished I could give my stuff to someone who needs it.

Dawn, would we be able to set up a forum for things like that? People could post what they have and if anyone is interested in the item, then it could be mailed out.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Sure can - anything legal (meaning nothing prescribed or well, illegal). You can post it over on the Misc, Non-CDH forum. http://cdhsupport.org/members/viewforum.php?f=161

Just don't post your addresses to the board please, send them through PM or something.

Sheri Smith
10-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Great idea ladies! I just put a post on Craigslist recently to give away Jax's remaining Mickey buttons & port attachments. Found a family locally who had a baby boy w/a Mickey and their insurance had run out. I gave them all the left over supplies they could use. I still have enteral pediasure & Kangaroo Pet feeding bags I hate to throw out. This stuff ain't cheap!

karahess
10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
When Adam had his Mickey removed the doctor asked me if I wanted to keep it as a souvenier for his memory box. I told him no way! The other day I came across our spare Mickey and was excited that I found it so I could put it in his memory box! Silly me!

Sheri Smith
10-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Hmmm...didn't think of that. But Jax's was icky when I took it out. So it went right in the trash. I took it out myself w/the dr's ok.

StephanieOlivarez
10-29-2007, 03:17 PM
You know this may sound silly-were trying to put an old Mickey button on a bitty baby for Shelby-anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?
My husband said maybe we should use one of her fav stuffy's-I just can't figure out how to get it to stay. I can not sew!!!LOL
Stephanie

Amy Rademaker
10-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Maybe try a big glob of glue from a hot glue gun?

karahess
10-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Slit a hole in the doll and plug in the Mickey. Hey, it would be really realistic then!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
10-29-2007, 04:30 PM
This is one conversation I didn't think we'd ever have - doll surgery. LOL. Too cute. What's a bitty baby? Is that a type of doll? If it's a cloth doll, then poke a hole in it and put the button in and then sew around the hole if you think the doll material will tear. If it's plastic, a hole should be enough. Unless Mic-Keys have changed the past few years.... it has a balloon in it, right? Or a little anchor type piece of plastic.

I didn't keep Shane's... I got rid of all medical stuff immediately. Kept all the "normal" stuff though - toys, clothes, etc. Now I wish I had kept a Mic-key, a trach, and a few other things.

Sheri Smith
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
That's too cute about the doll!
Jax still pulls his shirt up when he's laying in the floor watching tv and goes to play w/his button. But it's not there so he kind of scratches around the area a bit like he's trying to find it.
2 years of that thing in...having it out must feel funny now.

StephanieOlivarez
10-30-2007, 10:17 AM
A bitty baby is a cloth doll that you can order that looks like you baby.
So the idea of cutting the fabric open, then sewing it should work.
I will get my husband on that!!!!LOL. I cannot sew anything!LOL.
He'll love it!!!
The mickey's still do have the balloons.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Stephanie