PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Fundraiser - Coin Jars

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-04-2007, 12:50 PM
How many of you would be willing to take jars to local stores around to take up donations? You would need to gather the jars and drop them off and pick them up after the holidays and send the donation into CHERUBS. We would use the donations from these jars to pay for CDH Info Packets to send to hospitals for new and expectant parents. We would supply you with the paper for the front of the jars.

What do you all think?

DanielleBoyle
12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Dawn,
The company I work for wants to put the jars up again this month to collect for CHERUBS. The info sheet for the front would be great if you could pass it to me. I will be putting them in 5 stores. :) And I hope we raise as much or more than we did in May.
Danielle

KateC
12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
AWESOME IDEA! I was actually thinking about this. My church would be so willing to give money! I even work for a big industrial steel mill, I can talk to some people and see if the union will collect for me : ) Please let me know, I'd love to do this!!

LiseDill
12-04-2007, 09:32 PM
What do you cover the jar with??Do you have something to put on it

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-05-2007, 03:42 PM
My MS office software has gone haywire and I can't get anything to cooperate to make a document for this but here's what you can put on it if you need ideas:

-------------------------------

This collection jar is sponsored in honor (or in memory) of

XXXXX insert photo here of your cherub XXXXXX

**Your cherub's name**
**Birthdate and Deathdate if appl.**

**Your cherub's name** was born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). CDH is a devastating birth defect, affecting 1 in every 2500 babies. It occurs when the diaphragm fails to fully form, allowing the abdominal organs to enter the chest cavity and prevent lung growth. CDH has a 50% survival rate. The cause is not known.

Donations from this jar will go to help fund information, support, research and awareness of CDH through CHERUBS - The Association of Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Research, Advocacy and Support. Checks and money orders can be made out to CHERUBS and are tax-deductible. For more information on CHERUBS and CDH, please visit their web site at http://www.cdhsupport.org

-----------------------------

You all can dress it up with the logo or cherub characters or kids drawings, sticker, glitter, whatever you want!

KateC
12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Sounds good to me, I'll get it on it!

LiseDill
12-06-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna sit on this and really think about some places where it can go.
I wish mark's store did donation jars...but then again they steal just about anything that isnt' nailed down.
Gimmie some ideas about some places where they will acceptthe jars

KateC
01-06-2008, 08:24 AM
Not really holiday oriented but I was going to stick a coin jar at Church for the Sunday after Shannon's one year (hopefully the pastor lets me) Can anyone tell me where to download the CHERUBS name so I can stick it on the jar?