PDA

View Full Version : ATV Ride for CHERUBS

StephanieOlivarez
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
I would like to tell you all about an ATV ride for CHERUBS that is taking place April 19, 2008 in Attica Indiana.
I would also like to invite all of you. I know this will be hard, but all the surronding states. Please come.
CHERUBS families will get in for free!!!
Rat Patrol (ATV Club) will be giving CDH children/siblings rides.
If you own an ATV, were going to have mud boughs, utility races and a poker run. Wouldn't you like to do that?
We will have raffles.
I am in the process of getting more details......I will post as they come into play.
We are going to make shirts for the occasion. I am going to try and get cups and coozies(pop holders) made.
I am going to work on a hotel in Attica, to see if they would give CHERUBS families a reduced rate.
If anyone has any other ideas to make this a HUGE event- please let me know. I would love to add anything on.
For those who live close to Indiana- please consider coming. What a fun day it will be for CDH children and their siblings.
I would love to see a lot of CDH children/siblings there- I am going to contact every media I can.
If you have any questions- please do not hesitate to ask.
I have the Bad Lands website- if anyone is interested in looking at it.
Look for more details to come.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Just a few more days to go! I am so excited and I'm not even going to be there! :D

StephanieOlivarez
04-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Oh, I am SO excited!!!!!!
We are hoping for NO rain!!!
We have everything ready and can't wait for Saturday!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
04-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Ok, everyone start praying for no rain in Indiana this weekend!!!! :)

Damon andSharonknott
04-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Can't wait to hear how it goes and to see some pics!

Wish I could go..:(

StephanieOlivarez
04-14-2008, 07:03 PM
I wish you could come to Shaz!!!!!!!!!

Planning Mud bogs, sand hill climbs, all terrian challenge and a poker run.
Have over 15 raffles, 50/50 and then after all is over we have to pigs--that will be smoked and we can all have some fun after the Ride for CHERUBS is over!!!

You know I will take TONS of pictures!!!!!

Damon andSharonknott
04-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Sounds like SO much fun!
I can't wait to see the pics..
Liam will be really jealous when I tell him..

AmyMiles
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Stephanie it sounds like such a great time! You have done an amazing job letting everyone know about it and raising CDH awareness. I hope that the event is a smash hit. I haven't been to a mud bog in ages! Wish we could be there.

StephanieOlivarez
04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Amy- I wish you and Steve could be there to!!!!!
Thanks for the kind words--I'll tell you I am getting a little stressed out today--last minute issues to deal with--now Shane says we need a tent!!
Hello-Shane it is TUESDAY--the ride is Saturday!!!!
So, I told him to get someone else on tent for the pig roast.
We have enough to bring down there--have every last detail worked out and I want to avoid STRESS about this ride as much as I can!!!!!!
We are excited though---a day to spread CDH Awareness and have some fun doing it---I hope it will be a great day indeed!!!!!!!

KateC
04-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Oh Wow this date is really coming fast! I will start praying now for perfect weather! You and the RAT patrol deserve it!! Take lots of pictures for us! Especially of our little Shelby!

StephanieOlivarez
04-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks Kate!!!!!
You know I will have tons of pictures!!!!!
Lots of Miss Shelby!!!
With all the running around and packing Shelby knows something is happening and she keeps saying, "GO, Go.!!!"
Oh yes--my sweet baby--we are going!!
I love it that we can get her out of the house and that this ride is coming up QUICKLY!!!!!

I know we have everything ready--but I have butterfly's in my stomach today and it's only WEDNESDAY!!!
Excited to be spreading CDH Awareness---hoping all will go as planned!

We did get a tent donated for Friday night and Saturday for the pig roast.
This is a HUGE relief--incase of the rain---we will have a place to all gather after the ride and be able to stay dry!

Wish all of you could be with us for the ride!!!

StephanieOlivarez
04-21-2008, 04:14 PM
OH....WHAT A DAY IT WAS FOR THE RAT PATROL'S RIDE FOR CHERUBS!!

It DID NOT RAIN at all...infact after all the riding was over...the sun came out and shined for a short while!!!! It was a GOOD SIGN--ALL WAS GOOD!

Day started off early---8am --sign in time.
NO ONE CAME for the first 45 minutes!!!
I became VERY upset---but then it HIT!!!
People started coming in to register and it continued throught-out the day.
The Poker Run took place over two hours and all that rode in it---had great fun.
Next came the Mud Bogs. This was a great event. Two ATV's flipped over completely--one Razor flipped---there were around 25 people in this event and the crowd watching it was HUGE!!!!! Plenty of mud and even two children got in this and rode better than some of the adults.
Next was the All Terrian challenge. This event had three ATV's racing against each other and they were SO in competition!!! 2 brothers rode--and I will tell you--they rode to beat each other!!!

Sand Hill Climbs were our last event!!! This was the BIGGEST success!!
Folks just kept coming and signing up. Signing up and signing up!
We had ATV's, Razors and Sport ATV's, motorbike's in this one.
The fastest time up the hill was 6 seconds FLAT---and it was a rider riding a motorcross bike!
The sport ATV's put on such a show!!!
The kids LOVED this one--even Miss Shelby--becasue of all the noise!!
SHe laughed and clapped!!!!

The day's events were PERFECT!!!
The crowd watching and the crowd riding in the events--was not to much to handle---getting everyone were they needed to be---perfect.
IT REALLY AND TRULY ROCKED!!!!!
We spread CDH Awareness to I am going to guess 1000 people. Even people not in the events--asked about CDH and CHERUBS and we spread the awareness!!! THIS WAS THE GREATEST!!!!

I have uploaded some pictures---wait til you hear this!!!!lol
Becky(our official picture taker) took 700+ pictures!!!!
I have more to post---waiting on the disc from her and have a disc at Walgreens now.
More great pictures to come!!!

After all was over--Rat Patrol Members, people in the events and the whole camp ground came over and enjoyed the smoked pig and we had a RELAXING evening sitting by the fire and talking about the days events!

Miss Shelby LOVED every minute riding in Itty Bitty Blue and the other girls loved riding in whatever Shane and I would let them.

We were told by many--the event was the most fun they had at the Bad Lands and asked if we would do it again............
YOU BET WE WOULD!!!!!
To spread CDH Awareness....was worth all the work it took to pull this event off!!!!!

Friends and family---we could not have done it without them!!! It was amazing to see everyone pull together and have a common goal.
Riding for CHERUBS!!!!

I cried many times and this will forever stay in my heart!!!!

StephanieOlivarez
04-21-2008, 04:16 PM
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT SAID PRAYERS AND WISHED POSITIVE THOUGHTS FOR THIS DAY!!!!!!

YOU ALL ROCK!!!!!

Corin Nava
04-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Steph- it sounds like an amazing day! I am so happy the weather stayed clear and all went smoothly! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!!!

Damon andSharonknott
04-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Steph,
WOW what a day!!!
No wonder you cried! I can't wait to see more pictures

DanielleGolding
04-21-2008, 05:16 PM
What an amazing day Steph. Congratulations to you and your family!!! That's amazing that they said it was the most fun event at Bad Lands, you guys should be really proud!!