PDA

View Full Version : CHERUBS U.S. Postal Stamps?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Have any of you tried those companies that take a photo and put it on a postage stamp? I'm wondering how that works and how expensive it is. If it's not too expensive maybe we get CHERUBS Logos printed on postage stamps to raise awareness.

:D

KimberlyRichards
11-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I have and I am trying to remember the cost. I think it was
around 16.99 per sheet. But I think the more you order the cost goes
down a little. Thats for regular postage. You can order different
rates for like postcards and stuff. I like the idea, though.

Kim

StephanieOlivarez
11-28-2007, 02:29 PM
I have just ordered stamps for our Christmas cards.
If you go to photo.stamps.com it tells you all about it.
I think if I email it to you-you save some money. I am going to look at it now and I will email you the information and you can take a look.
If you order more- you get a cheaper price.
Here goes........

StephanieOlivarez
11-28-2007, 02:41 PM
I just emailed you the info- had to use volunteer@cherubs-cdh.org- for some reason when I try to email you at dawn torrence@cherubs-cdh.org it won't work. Am I doing something wrong.
I think it would be awesome to do stamps for CHERUBS!!!!!!!
Let me know if you got the email!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-28-2007, 03:37 PM
There's an underscore dawn_torrence

I got the e-mail, thank you Stephanie!!! I'll check it out this afternoon. It would be so great to be able to make people more aware this way!

karahess
11-28-2007, 04:50 PM
That is one hot diggety dog idea! I LOVE IT!! What a genious you are, Dawn! I'd love to have those stamps!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks to Stephanie, I found this info:

Item No. Postage Value Price Per Sheet 1 -1 2 -9 10 -99 100 +
Postcard $0.26 15.99 13.99 11.99 Contact Us
1st Class Letter 1oz $0.41 18.99 16.99 14.99
Square/Odd-Shaped 1 oz. Letters $0.58 22.99 20.99 18.99
1st Class Letter 2oz $0.58 22.99 20.99 18.99
1st Class Letter 3oz $0.75 26.99 24.99 22.99
1st Class Letter 3.5oz $0.92 30.99 28.99 26.99
1st Class 4oz $1.31 38.99 36.99 34.99
Priority Mail - 1lb Flat Rate Env. $4.60 109.99 107.99 105.99

I e-mailed asking for a price quote for 1000 and requesting a charity discount. Hopefully this will be cheap enough that we can order them in bulk.

In the meantime, if any of you want to use one of our logo graphics and order them yourself from stamps.com, please feel free to do so! :)

StephanieOlivarez
11-28-2007, 06:12 PM
I want to wait until you get the price quote- then see yours of course.
I CAN"T wait- that is going to be so awesome!!!!!!!
What are your ideas on what they will look like? Will you put the wedsite address on them? I wonder if we could design them? I would think we would want the stamp to be the same right? I am so excited about this.
I think we should get a design as quickly as we can and then people can order if they want. I think I am going to look at the site now.

Corin Nava
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Dawn-I love the idea! I think they would be great to have!

KimberlySwitzer
11-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Since im in Canada would it be alright if I used a CHERUBS graphic to order stamps?

StephanieOlivarez
11-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Why do you ladies feel about using our new awareness ribbon for a stamp?
I have playing with the stamp and it says you can only use an image- no words.
I think the awareness ribbon would look great- but I wonder if the cdhsupport.org would show up.
I guess if I saw a stamp I was not familar with- I would check out the wedsite if it was on the stamp.
How about making stickers to? They could be used like the Hallmark H.
Something like :
CDH AWARENESS.
Take a look.
cdhsupport.org
Not knowing what CDH means- would you look it up on your computer? I know I would. I think it would be a good idea to put on any piece of mail.
Just a thought- the stamp thing has excited me!!!!!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Ok, I just got the quote - whew, that was quick! They will post our stamps on their site for people to purchase if we can guarantee at least 5000 sheets will sell. And they will give discounts to us if we order as a non-profit at least 100 sheets. That's a lot of stamps - and a lot of upfront money CHERUBS can't afford. The lady I'm talking with is very nice. I'm going to find out how we have to do this guarantee and offered to list them as an official sponsor of CHERUBS if we can set up the direct ordering... only a few charities are doing this so we'll be up there with huge organizations like Toys 4 Tots.

Say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed! :)

StephanieOlivarez
11-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Fingers crossed and prayers sent.
That would be so awesome!!!
Let us know as soon as you find out~~~~~~

Tammy Pettus-Kopacz
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
how much per stamp? 100 USPS stamps is only $39, so how much for for their stamps? I would definitely be interested in purchasing some.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok, I finally heard back from them and we have to guarantee a sale of 1000 sheets of stamps or CHERUBS has to pay the difference at $11.16 a sheet. Or we can buy in bulk and sell them ourselves without the worry of having to pay them.

What does everyone think? How many of you would buy them and how many can you estimate family and friends would buy? Do you think we can sell at least 1000?

karahess
12-10-2007, 04:32 PM
How many stamps per sheet?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Tammy, they would be sheets of 20 and the price would depend on if we bought them through their site or bought them in bulk and sold them ourselves.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Kara, answered you before I even saw your post. :)

StephanieOlivarez
12-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I am so interested.
I would buy some for our family, also for friends.

karahess
12-10-2007, 06:42 PM
Tough one! I'd take maybe 4-8 sheets but wow - 1000, that's a lot to unload. Are we confident that we can sell that many?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I have 100 shirts at my house from 2002 or something like that. I'm not too keen on selling 1000 stamps and getting stuck with CHERUBS paying for them - especially when we have so many other things that need to be paid for first (like more packets and a conference).

*Unless* we design them and take orders first. Maybe get the kids to sell them like they do Girl Scout cookies and PTA stuff. Then everyone takes orders and the cash, when we get to 1000 we get them to post it to their site and each of us who sold stuff orders the amount we sold with the money we collected. If 20 of us sold 50 sheets or 50 of us sold 20 sheets... we could pull it off and have it up on their site to sell more in the future without any of this hassle, plus it would be awesome to have the Awareness we would by being on their site. Probably not a good idea to do this with the holidays and people short on cash already, maybe in January as a Valentine's Day type thing people might buy?

karahess
12-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Instead of stamps, what about return address labels with the CHERUBS logo or awareness ribbon? I think they have the same impact as stamps, but would they be any cheaper to get? I keep wishing that Cafepress sold them. I use them more than stamps, too. I put them on books/cds/dvds I loan out, kids bookbags, luggage, etc.

Just an idea.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Address labels - I can design those for everyone and put the document into the downloads section and then you just have to buy the labels and print them. You can just edit it in MS Word with your name and address.

I can do this later in the week if you all want them.

StephanieOlivarez
12-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I think the Valentines day idea would be great. Your right with the holidays here...people are sometimes running short on funds.

I also like the idea for address labels Kara. I wonder- couldn't we make these up ourselves--maybe Dawn you could give us a standard example and we can just add our address. I would love to see the labels with our new ribbon. Just a thought.
I still like tha stamp idea-----it would be a great fund raiser for valentines day----EVERYONE needs stamps!!!!!

karahess
12-10-2007, 07:26 PM
What about those that don't have a color printer to do the labels?

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Then we'll just have to help each other out and print labels for each other or something. :) One person buys the labels, the other prints.

StephanieOlivarez
12-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I have a color printer.
Kara- I would be more than happy to send you some!!!

Dawn- I can't wait to see what the address labels will look like!!!!

Kristin Morrow
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
I think the return address labels are an awesome idea. I go thru so many of those things. let me know when you upload the format for them! thanks. I also like the stamp idea, but just not at this time...around Valentine's would be better for me and I think for everyone else too.

karahess
12-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks Stephanie for the offer. I have a color printer, though. I'm just thinking for other people. Tee hee! You have to watch out for me; I'm tricky sometimes!

karahess
12-11-2007, 07:28 AM
Another idea from brainy me . . . . . what about ribbon stickers. I love sealing my envelopes with stickers. Wouldn't ribbon stickers be cool?

Dawn, I can almost sense you rolling your eyes at me cause I create too much work for you. "I'm the instigator."

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Love the idea about ribbon stickers!!!!
Kara- you are trickster....ok, if anyone needs labels, I would love to help.

I got my ribbons in last night and they are SUPER!!!!!!!!
They turned out just perfect!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-11-2007, 10:40 AM
I think they have round labels for envelopes. Kara, your suggestions so now I'm recruiting you for research to find out if they have them! :) If they do, I'll design that too. Just do a search for Avery labels. And don't forget to use Goodsearch.com! :D

CristaHavar
12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I really like the idea of the address labels and the stickers. I could use those over here too!

Hugs from Germany,
Crista

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Good one Dawn- put Kara to work. :D
Can't wait to see what you find Kara.
This is exciting to be doing labels and stickers. Just more work for you Dawn!!!! Do you ever have a dull moment???? Your GOLD girl.
Imagine the awareness that this will help!!!!!!!!!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-11-2007, 03:28 PM
dull moment? Some women want Paris or Patrick Dempsey. Some want to win the lottery. No, not me... I *dream* of a boring life! Give me a day with nothing to do but clean the house or twiddle my thumbs. LOL Better yet, I'd rather have the family and house, etc (not saying that's boring - sounds like Heaven to me!). A life without medical terminology except when watching Grey's Anatomy or drama except when watching soaps.... oh my gosh, I would *love* to have a dull moment! :)

Corin Nava
12-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I love the return address idea! Let me know when you get the file up.

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Dawn- My wish for you over the Holidays is to find some time for yourself!!
JUST you!!!!!!! NOTHING ELSE!!!

karahess
12-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmmm, can I get opinions on the stickers. I wasn't orginally invisioning little round circles with a ribbon in the middle. I was thinking of just simply a ribbon sticker that we have custom made.

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
you are thinking with people's addresses right?
Just plain simple labels?
I like either way - my feeling is we should make it as easy as we can on CHERUBS members - to print out!
That way it will get out more AWARENESS and it will be very cool!!!!!!
Possibilities are endless!!!

karahess
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
I wish everyday that Cafepress had keychains. I so want a CHERUBS awareness ribbon keychain. People always seem to pay attention to keychains and ask about them.

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 07:08 PM
That's a great idea too!!!
Dawn............
:D

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm all for the more items, the better - as long as CHERUBS doesn't have to fork out the cash upfront to pay for stuff and then I'm storing items in boxes for years to come and am in charge of all the shipping and orders too. Been there, done that! I'd rather spend my CHERUBS time doing other things.

Which is why I *love* cafepress! They do all the work, we just upload the graphics and collect a few dollars with each purchase. About $50 a year in charges it all we have to pay. If we don't sell a lot of stuff, we're not out any money.

The ribbon magnet store is doing the same for us - without charging CHERUBS a dime. But then, CHERUBS isn't making any money off of those ribbon magnets either. But that's ok if it's getting awareness out. If we can find a keychain company willing to do that too, then I'm all for that also.

So ribbon shaped stickers.... love the idea, but not too keen on the overhead. Round ones we print ourselves are an awesome idea. Now... if someone can find printable ribbon shaped stickers, that would be great!

StephanieOlivarez
12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Does the ribbon store make stickers? If they did, that way members of CHERUBS could buy their own.
If we can save CHERUBS money....that makes total sense...
I think when you have time Dawn...please come up with a design that we can use on plain labels...members can choose if they want to do them or not.
I take it Cafepress does not do keychains? That would be ideal.....THEY do all the work....we upload the graphics and collect a few dollars with each purchase. Have you ever asked them about keychains?

I think you should tell us what works best for you and CHERUBS and maybe do a vote? Just my thoughts.

Cwyatt
12-29-2007, 10:24 AM
:) Dawn I think that would be a wonderful idea.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
12-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Cafepress has large stickers, the ribbon magnet place doesn't sell stickers at all. I know Avery labels has round small stickers. I can design for those and everyone can print their own. Or if anyone has some free time to research a sticker printer, let us know! :)

StephanieOlivarez
12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Dawn- Thank You. I think that idea is great.
I am sure you will let us know which labels to buy right?
I wanted to Thank You for the letter from the membership department-it was so informative. It was really awesome.

karahess
12-29-2007, 07:30 PM
I agree with you Stephanie - I loved the email! It stated everything all in one place so I can stop rooting around all over the forums for info!

LiseDill
12-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I did download 2 sets of return address labels for mark and I. I also made some for my dad. The Jolene made me some as well..
I think the next time I see the labels on sale somewhere I'm going to buy tons of them and print these off for family and friends.
I do love the stamp idea. But i think i'm w/ Kara, I would probably only buy a few sheets.
The stickers is a great idea as well

Dawn Torrence Ireland
01-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I think I found a way to do the postage stamps without the stress of selling a ton of them at once. I did a search and found zazzle.com (and I think this is the site you told me about, Kara?) and they do postage stamps. They also do a lot of other neat things that cafepress doesn't do, like 3D photos, ties, and the keychains some of you asked about! :)

Looks like Barb and I will be busy with zazzle.com too! :)

StephanieOlivarez
01-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I was just re-looking on this site and wondered if you were still looking to get CHERUBS stamps made? Keychains?
I am not trying to make more work for you and Barb- but was just wondering :D

KateC
01-23-2008, 06:43 PM
I can make a keychain? It won't have the CHERUB symbol. But I can make a Cherub.

Speaking of stamps. Where did you and Lise get those return address labels? Did you make them or buy them?

StephanieOlivarez
01-23-2008, 07:05 PM
You can go to the downloads section here on the site and choose from a bunch and print them at home!!!!
Let's see that keychain Kate!!!! :P
Hold on--I'll go to the exact spot and get back. I know where they are-in mind.

StephanieOlivarez
01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Go to On-line parent support
-download info for parents
-under fundraising & awareness info & activities
You will find the address labels there!

KateC
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
You are the best! I can't wait to print them out!!

LiseDill
01-24-2008, 10:27 AM
I had Jolene design one for me. I have that one plus another I made. Yo can fool around w/ the designs.
Aren't they cute??

KateC
01-24-2008, 07:26 PM
They are!! I can't wait to send out bills now . . . I can't believe I just said that LOL

LiseDill
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
HA! I said the same exact thing to mark!!! Well, he writes the checks but i wanted to put the label on

Kristin Morrow
01-26-2008, 03:59 AM
did the stamps ever get loaded onto zazzle.com? i can't seem to find them

StephanieOlivarez
01-27-2008, 10:19 AM
No the stamps have not been loaded on zazzle.com yet.
Dawn is doing TONS of work right now and I know she will look into this as soon as she can.
Now we have to wait with excitement!!!

Kristin Morrow
01-30-2008, 02:51 AM
thanks for keeping me updated Steph!

Dawn Torrence Ireland
02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
CHERUBS CDH Awareness Postage Stamps finally avaiable!

http://www.zazzle.com/cherubs

We even have some you can customize with your cherub's photo or your favorite cherub character

AmyMiles
05-30-2008, 05:39 PM
I just checked out the stamps and that is such a great idea. My aunt ordered a few of those key chains after Faith passed away. I love mine and have it on my key chain!

MelissaKelly
05-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Dawn, just so you know there's a typo in the customizable stamp. It should read "cdhsupport.org" not "cdshupport.org"

Thought you'd want to know before people just started ordering.

karahess
05-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh my goodness! Good catch, Melissa. Thank you so much for making us aware of that. I've looked at that stamp over and over and never caught it.

MelissaKelly
05-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Sorry..I should have started with saying how cool the stamps are. I didn't mean to come off as critical or anything. I already ordered two sheets, anything I can put this child's face on is a no-brainer gift for my Mom.

karahess
05-30-2008, 08:57 PM
You didn't come off as critical at all! I'm so, so glad you caught that blooper and let us know. Kudos!!!!

AmyMiles
05-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Nice catch! I didn't even see it!

karahess
05-31-2008, 08:39 AM
I contacted Dawn about it. She's really busy right now with the upcoming conference/ball so it might be a spell before she can get the stamp corrected. Hang tight!

MelissaKelly
06-07-2008, 10:56 AM
So I got my Michael stamps, and wow are they cute! I gave some to Michael's primary nurse and OT from our PICU and they went crazy (though both said they didn't want to mail them because they liked them so much). My Mom is going to love them.

karahess
06-08-2008, 07:14 PM
AWESOME!

StephanieOlivarez
06-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I bet they are great!!!
It is such an awesome stamp and to be able to put your babies picture on them--makes them so SPECIAL!!!
LOVE IT MEL!!!!!!!!!