PDA

View Full Version : Clean Up the Blogs

karahess
11-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Alrighty, I know that I've brought this up before, but Dawn, where are we with somehow keeping out the junk from our blogs? I'm really offended by the crap that hits my blog shotbox. Every day I have to go in and delete. I'm working so hard to be an ambassador of Christ and my blog shoutbox is full of stuff related to "naked girls". HELLO!!!!! That really doesn't make a good impression on me or on CHERUBS.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
It's on the list, Kara! We have a small programming budget so we had to prioritize getting the calendar fixed first (so members get birthday/memorial cards - sometimes CHERUBS is the *only* people to remember a cherub in heaven and parents need that). Right now, the programmer is trying to get the Reps database working so they can have updated lists of all the members in their states, getting the log in error fixed and this blog thing fixed. But if you got in your blog settings you can set it so that only members can post in your comments to your blogs. we'll get the shoutbox fixed as soon as we can. I know it's a pain, I'm sorry.

karahess
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Your shoutbox is fun to read, Dawn. Britney Spears, fake boobs, and bedroom games, oh my.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-29-2007, 06:13 PM
My shoutbox has more fun than I do. How pathetic is that? lol.

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Let me amend that - my blog is having more fun than me, but I don't want *that* type of fun... oh wait. Nevermind, insert foot in mouth! lol. But we'll get this fixed soon.

LiseDill
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Hey, I'm gonna to read about your ...um.....fun :-)

Dawn Torrence Ireland
11-30-2007, 02:02 PM
LOL, Lise.

If you all click on the X's on the shoutbox posts they will delete (you can only do this on your own blog). I know it's a pain to do that though, we are working on it.

karahess
12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Hurray! The blog shoutboxes are outta here! That's one way to get rid of the junk that raids them! Thanks Dawn!

LiseDill
01-01-2008, 08:55 AM
what's a shoutbox??

karahess
01-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Within each persons blog was a box that messages could be left. It's rather public and anyone sees it right up front. Unfortunately, it was being attacked by spam and some of it was very graphic (nudity). YIKES! Thankfully, my son wasn't near me when I was in the blogs, so the little eyes didn't see anything naughty.

There really isn't a need for the shoutbox in my opinion. There is still a comment area and you can send the blogger a personal message.

LiseDill
01-01-2008, 01:58 PM
I never saw it so I guess it isn't so bad from my end...
But thank you for explaining it. I think when I log on I can see the box there but it's blank