Stay Connected

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2008 CHERUBS International Member Conference & Events!

Blog Entries
    Hey Kate, I just noticed you're in Pittsburgh! Howdy neighbor - I'm in Akron/Canton, Ohio area! I was just over your way not long ago to go eat at Primanti Brothers and visit the Children's Museum. My son is begging me to take him back again cause he had so much fun.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

I am such a weird "Pixburger" I don't like Primanti's!! Don't tell, someone would probably hang me! I do however have the lil Pittsburgh accent "yinz, gumband, reddup, hause, cauch" LOL! I say "Can I have a pop?" and people look at me with that little head tilt like "a what?" How far away is Akron? Maybe since I can't make it to the conference, I can pretend to be from Ohio, and go to that picinic! Let me know when you go to the museum next! I love going there!
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

Blog Entries
    It took us about 1 hour 45 minutes to get to the museum from our place. Not a bad drive at all.

Primanti's . . . . . um . . . . that was my first time and I thought it was disgusting!! You know men . . . my husband saw it on some food show on tv and vowed that he would someday go there. We went and I was pretty repulsed by the food and to make matters worse, we went to the downtown location which is a total tiny, smoke filled dive. We ate as fast as we could and hit the road to head to Erie to Splash Lagoon.

You don't have to pretend to be from Ohio to attend a picnic. Members can attend any state function they choose. The Ohio conference is in Columbus, which is 2 1/2 hours away for us to the southwest. Maybe we could try something like, if you drive to my place, you can pile into our van and ride with us on down. We'd be happy to have you join us.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Kate, you're more than welcome to come to the Ohio picnic. The only requirement to go to any of our member get-togethers is to be a member... from any state!

Maybe think about carpooling and rooming with another mom to come to the Conference? I'm hoping those moms (or dads) who otherwise can't afford to or wouldn't come alone will buddy up and come together. Surely you'll meet another mom in PA before then. Just an idea!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I do hope to meet up with another Mom from PA (That's why I am so excited to get the packets out) Well if anyone else is going stag, lemmie know!
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

that's nice to know..... i was feeling all alone here in oklahoma.
    maybe we can make it to one of the other get togethers sometime soon. It is looking kinda grim for us to drive to N.C. this summer. they are predicting 4 dollars for gas this summer!!!

Kate- I hope you can find someone to ride with so you can come to the conference.
    Good luck to your husband in polive academy. That's very exciting.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Thanks Steph! It makes traveling (even vacation) this summer look not so good, but it will be worth it in the end! I have a lot of time on my hands until my semester starts!

Carrie, you need to talk Lise and Sheri into carpooling with you!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Ok, I'm signing up the following to help!

Stephanie
    Kara
    Chris
    Elaine
    Corin
    Amber

Anyone else?

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada