Stay Connected

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Angel Ball Dress Shopping

Blog Entries
    We are coming. So far it is the four of us. Jeff isn't to keen on it by I will drag him kicking and screaming if I have to. We just have a lot going on with a lot of mini vacations this year. I think we will be driving the van but not sure, otherwise it will be the 4 Runner. I just thought of something, is there going to be childcare for the Angel Ball? How far from the hotel is it? Brandon will be 12 and Jonathon almost 15 and we have left them together before but that has been at home so my overprotectiveness is coming out LOL.

Judi, tell your mom I said hello and I think of her often and would love to meet her. She doesn't want to meet Brandon, he's a hellion. I swear it is all the drugs he was on. He is Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde!

Tara
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

Tara, tell Jeff that I'll be personally insulted if he doesn't show up with a huge smile on his face! Brandon was an angel last year at the picnic... I can't believe he could be a hellion. Brandon will be good for me. Looking forward to finally meeting Johnathan!

Judi, try and talk Alyssa into coming with you! She needs some time with her CHERUBS friends, we all miss her.

The Angel Ball location is about 15 to 20 minutes from the hotel. I'm working on childcare but honestly, childcare for the conference is my childcare priority right now so can't guarantee it for the Angel Ball just yet.

Golf Tournament spectators... hadn't really thought of it. I guess but since they are all moving around to different holes, not sure how much fun that would be to watch.

My computer is being a royal pain this week, my e-mail keeps freezing on me. I think I may have a virus.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Blog Entries
    I understand about the conference being the priority. I think the boys would be fine anyway. I'll just make sure there are no cute teenage girls around. Jonathon's hormones are raging LOL. He has a little girlfriend now that he "loves" Heaven help me, puberty and a girlfriend I will be insane by the time you guys see me.

Tara
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

Corin-LOVE the new picture of Miss Makayla.

Judi--thinking of you and your mom. Keeping you both in my prayers.

Have you booked any entertainment for the conference Dawn?
    Can you believe that the conference is only less then 3 months away???
    WOW!

Tara- hang in there! Oh the joys of puberty and on top of that--a girlfriend!
    I can't imagine what it will be like with four girls.

I am So excited---I found a dress today. I wasn't even dress shopping and happened to stop at a bridal store I had been to before and there my dress was.
    It is silver and on the bottom has these ruffle like things--kinda reminds me of the 20's flapper dresses (just the bottom). Has some beads on it and I can say that I am now really excited about the ball.
    I was afriad I may not find a dress and was going to skip the ball--but it was like the dress was meant for me to find today.

What color are your dresses--for the ones that have gotten them already?

Dawn--I hope you don't have a virus on your computer.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    Stephanie I am so jealous! I just can't seem to find that dress that says MINE LOL. I am happy for you though. Take a pic when you can. From what I have heard everyone that I know is going with white, ivory, or a silver so far. One I tried on was a sort of soft brownish/light mocha can't even describe it color LOL. I'm afraid if I got that I would be the only one wearing anything with a color though so I didn't get that one. I am still on the hunt though. I have been looking online like crazy. Ebay actually had a ton of stuff but I have no clue what size I would need so need to do some measuring, UGH!

Tara

Tara I have a dress that if I can lose weight, is champaign with black trim that I would love to be able to wear again. All that money for a bride's maid dress that I wore once. If you were that one, then I may just wear what I have. Either way I gotta stop eating or start smoking crack! I do not want to look like and igloo! I have a brown dress too but I will look like a UPS truck in it
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

Blog Entries
    Oh Lynne stop! I have been trying to do sit ups but not often. I was wondering if I could heal from lipo in time LOL. I emailed Kara a picture of what we have dubbed the "Big Bird" dress, bright canary yellow with some kind of ruffle that was just hideous. I have my eye on a black dress that has white trim too, need to go back and try it on. I need to stop stressing

Tara

You will look great no matter what you wear. The important thing is that we all get to be together. I have a son three months younger than Brandon and I hear ya on the girl issue. He has a stalker as we call her.
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

Tara--You know what--you will find a dress. DON"T STRESS!!
    I was totally stressed and today there my dress was. The same will happen to you. Lynne's right--you will look great in whatever you wear.

I can tell you I can't remember the last time Shane and I have gone to a formal affair. In Indiana--you can wear jeans everywhere.
    I can't wait to see everyone's dress and just the whole Angel Ball has the sense of romance.

I am wondering---will there be tables set up? Standing only? With the public being invited--I wonder if we should save tables for CHERUBS members, so we can all be together when we are sitting?
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Tara - I know you'll find "your" dress - you just have to stop stressing about it so much. Since you've been out on e-bay looking, have you tried Craig's list or Overstock.com? Just a couple of other suggestions.

Dawn, a while back when the Ball was just in the talks, you had mentioned something jokingly about having a "bachelor auction" or something similiar. Do you know if there are any bachelor's attending? LOL HINT HINT for those of us that are single?

Lynne, I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you can lose the weight. Just by cutting out things with sugar, pasta, rice and potatoes for a month or two (I know - shear hell - but I had to give them up on all my health-related diets) but I took off 32 lbs in 2 months. Everyone cracks me up with all their funny remarks about dieting and looking like UPS brown trucks! I'll be the one looking like a stuffed marshmallow since I am at the heaviest I've ever been at in my life and can't do anything about it due to all the meds and cortisone I'm on now.

If I can't fit into the dress I bought, I'll just look for another one. Maybe I might go back to Ross and find another similiar dress for $34.95 again! For me, I just look at it as a small loss and hopefully not have to spend a fortune on another new dress if the one I bought a couple of months ago doesn't fit! I guess I'll try the dress on again about 2 weeks before the conference and if it doesn't fit - THEN I'll stress out! lol

I have a feeling that everything will work out beautifully with everyone looking "heavenly" in their white dresses!

Oh, I just had a thought. If so many people have so many white dresses that they can't fit into, maybe they can bring those dresses with them and see if anyone else can fit into it there? Sorta like a "borrowing" or "dress exchange" kind of thing. Know what I mean? I'm sure someone out there will likely purchase a dress and not really like it and if they see one that someone else has brought with them and it fits them, it would work out perfectly. Maybe we could even have the dresses in a room on a rack or closet that people can go through and someone may find something they like and then return it to the owner. All they'd have to do is agree to pay to have it cleaned afterwards. Just a thought - I know I have several white dresses and a beautiful white & black bridesmaid dress that I wouldn't mind letting someone use, but unfortunately, they are all in my main storage unit and I'm totally unable to get to them. But others may have a dress or two to bring along with them that they wouldn't mind sharing. Like I said, just a thought. xxoo Moi
    {o/} ? /_?? Judi- Mommy to Jennifer Melissa- m/c 2-80 and Christopher Michael- 2-2-1989- left side CDH- born in Heerland- Holland- 1 repair w/dura- lived 19 hours. Buried in Milford- Connecticut. MD- VA- DC & CT State Representative. Mommy's and Mama's Guardian Angel and Inspiration! (Still trying to figure out the coding to put Christopher's Ribbon here also BUT IT'S NOT WORKING! SIGH & URGH!)

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast