Stay Connected

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Angel Ball Dress Shopping

We hillbilly's here in Indiana know all about shine!!!
    I am the filp flop queen. I love em, love em....
    Penny, you and I will walk around Kara and see how quick we can get on her nerves!!!!Only kidding Kara!!!!

What are the gas prices going to be in July? I say $5.00 a gallon. WOW!!It will cost us big bucks--maybe we all should wear flip flops--you can get some for .99 cents!! To help save on gas!

Georgia-I hope you can come. We would love to see you there!

You guys realize that it is coming up sooner than we think!!!YEAH--I am so excited.
    The girls are getting excited to--they want to come to the Angel Ball.
    Could you imagine if we could bring the kids---having to get dresses/suits, shoes for them?
    It will be nice to have it just adults. That sounds so funny to me. Just adults. Gosh--I do live in a world filled with children. lol
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

yeah, that's right AMY that yall knew what moonshine was
    Lord, I have never had moonshine LOL
    hear it'll put hair on your chest it's so strong

Blog Entries
    I am way behind and you guys are cracking me up. We have gone from dress shopping to flip flops to moonshine! ROFLMBO. When we were clearing my grandma's house out to sell I found some liquid in the old garage that I think was some very, very old moonshine. No way in hades was I going to try it to find out but it sure smelled like it.

Still haven't found a dress.....

Tara
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

I hate to admit it but have had moonshine on more than one occasion. My dad called it Racin' Gas cause it makes your car stand up on its end! If you get the good stuff it's actually not bad!
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

I've got chills thinkin about it , i even saw a guy each peaches that was in peach moonshine and they say they are the most powerful (the fruit) b/c of the alcohol absorbing in it, .. yikes

My, oh, my oh my! I'm off-line for a week or so (and somehow not getting ANY notices watching topics for some strange reason to my email) and WHAT IN TARNATIONS IS GOING ON HERE?

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, we go from Kara's absolutely beautiful dress and talk about dresses to talking about wearing flip flops, sneakers, barefoot, thongs, and NOW Moonshine?????

Are we going to have to have designated drivers and HALLWAY MONITORS at the hotel AFTER the Ball with all the moonshiners???

Just what the heck am I going to do with you Ladies?

Join ya'll of course! Gotcha! LOL

Thought ya'll were going to geting a real reaming out didn't you initially? LOL

Geez, ya'll sure have been active in the last week or so. Sorry I've been AWOL, but lots going on on this end behind the scenes and also being sick a few days. Strange, though, I haven't gotten a single notice to my email about ANY updates to ANY of the topics I'm "watching." Now I noticed there were almost 1,000 new messages/postings since I last logged on!

I think that whatever feels comfortable on your feet, especially if you're going to do any dancing, should be worn. Maybe bring that pair of high heels for pictures, but then bring a pair of sneakers, flip flops or bare foot for dancing. I know whenever I hit the dance floor, many-a-moons ago, that I always danced barefoot, even the two-step or cotton-eyed Joe. I always felt I could dance better barefoot than in heels, except for slow dancing when dancing with my Dad or my parent's male friends at Hungarian festivals. They FORCED me to keep my shoes on!

I think that would be wonderful if we could get a couple of the local stylists to come to the hotel to do ladies' hair & makeup. But just remember, it'll be an untried person doing your hair. If you know how to put make-up on, do it yourself and save some money (for the moonshine). And I think each and every single one of the Ladies will look spectacurly beautiful!

And I don't see what would be so wrong if the guys spent a couple to few hours setting up the ball location while the ladies get primped. Shoot, all they have to do is shower, shave & put on their penguin outfits, and that certainly doesn't take more than an hour. I'm sure that a couple of the guys out of all the guys that volunteer to do it, can follow the meticulous instructions that Dawn gives them. And with the threat of ALL of us LADIES ganging up and kicking their butts if they screw anything up, they'll be wise enough to follow all the meticulous instructions! But if I'm not mistaken, I think Dawn has a Coorindator to handle all the vendors coming in and doing their set-ups, etc.

And as far as for Hall Monitors at the Hotel after the Ball - yep - totally necesarry - so that they can guide people into the rooms where there are mini-parties going on afterwards! I'm sure that if it's anything like our Conference at Disney, there will be mini-parties afterwards in rooms! Some of us can attest to how many people were crammed into one small tiny room with double beds, just kicking back after Disney closed and the true partying started. I will be the first to admit that during that week, I don't think I slept more than a couple of hours each night or shall I say morning? We sat up and just talked, joked and got to know each other so much better. We were in one of those 2 sided, 2 level outdoor entrance hotels, and people were going up and down the outside sidewalk looking for people who's room doors were open with people in them. Other people would then come join in. Then we'd end up wondering into someone else's room. And I won't devuldge here, who's room was the most used for hanging out in! Those that were there know! LOL

Well, that's a lot of catching up and in-put I just gave!I hope I get a chance to log on in the next day or so. If I don't, I'd like to wish each of you a beautiful, peaceful and blessed Mother's Day! xxoo Moi

{o/} ? /_?? Judi- Mommy to Jennifer Melissa- m/c 2-80 and Christopher Michael- 2-2-1989- left side CDH- born in Heerland- Holland- 1 repair w/dura- lived 19 hours. Buried in Milford- Connecticut. MD- VA- DC & CT State Representative. Mommy's and Mama's Guardian Angel and Inspiration! (Still trying to figure out the coding to put Christopher's Ribbon here also BUT IT'S NOT WORKING! SIGH & URGH!)

Blog Entries
    Ok, ok, so it was only a teaspoons worth of shine that I had. I'm a total light weight with alcohol, well, that and I'm allergic to sulfites which is in most all wine. One glass of wine and I usually have a buzz. Therefore . . . . . chances are pretty good that I'll be doing the ginger ale and water. I'm super anal about drinking when I know that children are in my care. I don't drink unless I know my children are tucked in bed and sleeping.

Partying after events in each others rooms. Hmmmm . . . . . . sounds like a blast if I didn't have children with me. We're designating all the husbands to babysit while us women party, right?

Who cares if I've never used a hairdresser before. It's still gotta come out better than what I could produce!

Dancing . . . . . . . . . did I forget to mention that I don't dance! I was raised in a super strict and religious home and taught that dancing is of the devil. Of course as an adult, my own views are different and I don't mind if others dance, but I'm not into for myself. It's so much more fun to watch all the drunks on the dance floor!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

I CANNOT dance either!
    or sing, hmmmmm i'm still searching for my talent LOL

Blog Entries
    I dance! Or atleast I attempt it. I may look ridiculous but at least I'm having fun I'm also affectionately known as the two drink wonder, so I have to be careful or everyone will be seeing a side of me that I try to keep contained-lol. Atleast I have a babysitter for the night!

Judi- Hall monitors and mini parties, reminds me of school overnight trips Only 2 1/2 months till I get to meet all of you!!!! Whoo hooo!
    Corin New England State Rep [img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/GabrielMommy1118/1-3.jpg[/img] [url]www.gabriel-nava.virtual-memorials.com[/url] Gabriels website [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66S-vt5sI8[/url] Gabriels Video [url]http://corinscrazylife.blogspot.com/[/url] My Blog [url]http://newenglandcherubs.wordpress.com[/url] New England Blog

Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast