Stay Connected

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Angel Ball Dress Shopping

LOL I guess that I could go shoeless.......then just hand me that jug of moonshine! ROFL at that picture!!

Blog Entries
    Moonshines mine, girls!! Hands off!! You know, I for real could get my hands on some and spike that punch. Just kidding . . . . or am I . . . . .
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Kara you are a hoot! If you drink the punch you take your chances! BTW.. are we having dinner at the ball or before?
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

Blog Entries
    Kara save some of that moonshine for the Ohio picnic, just kidding it does have to be alcohol free but we can always meet up later LOL.

Barb I told you to get shoes a month ago! Mine will probably be coming off so I need to find some pretty socks I can put on cause I hate touching strange floors (wonder where my son got all his aversions from?) Don't get me started on hotel rooms! Stocking up on bleach wipes...
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

ok gonna go with flip flops then since Kara won't share the 'shine! LOL
    hehehee son't worry girls.....when she hears us all flip flopping she WILL share!

Tara I try not to think about the hotel floors and such! ewwww!

Blog Entries
    Too funny! I just got back from the store and bought my Clorox spray to hose stuff down! We're freaks!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

light switches, door nobs, REMOTE control, bathroom .. dont dare use the phone and never, i mean never sit or sleep under the comforters ...
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Ya know... the rarely ever wash the comforters. There is far more dirt and nastiness on them then on the sheets.

We never did the germophobic, neat freak thing with Shane. He was a kid, we lived in our house. We even had a cat and dog. The house was clean but never spotless. We kept sick people away and we didn't go out too much in the winter but after being in the hospital for so long we didn't want him to be treated like the boy in the bubble. We had dust. I never used Chlorox around him (the fumes on this lungs, no way). And though he was in the hospital a lot and even though he didn't survive - all from recurrent CDH the last 4 years of his life. The first 2 he had pneumonia a few times because he had the trach and you can't filter germs through air with a trach. But no colds, no viruses, no flu, no normal sniffles or any of that "normal people" stuff. Jeremy and I were never really sick either - we got more colds while in the hospital than at home. There's something to be said for a few germs and building up immunity.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

oh that is so true dawn
    i just have issues with hotel rooms LOL

lol, Penny. I'm still trying to figure out the sleeping schedule here. My mom will be here, have tons of errands to run during those days so not sure if I'm staying at the hotel or running back and forth home or to Craig's. But at least 1 night I will stay over and hang out with you guys!!! Friday probably (have to go home to get my mom Thursday night).

I am still shoeless! But the dress issue is fixed. Got my hair done and do not like it. It was lighter, frosted, lots of browns and golds and now it's... well, for lack of a better color.... charcoal. Not black, not brown just colorless and dull and with a few strands of color. I keep trying to wash the color out! Not happy with that salon at all. On the bright side, it will now match the silver in my dress. lol.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast