Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Logo Design For Teenagers

New Logo Design For Teenagers

Ok, I know this probably won't make any sense in type, but it makes perfect sense in my head! Bear with me please....

I have 5 teenagers and 2 pre-teens in my life. None will wear the CHERUBS logo character shirts (despite 5 of them having characters designed after them!)... they say they are too "babyish". Well, try to get a teenager to wear something they don't think looks "cool". It's not going to happen. I bought one of Craig's boys an orange sweartshirt and have been banned from buying them clothes again. I know, orange sweatshirt... what was I thinking... how uncool am I? I'd wear it!

And let's face is... teenagers and young adults can drive the media and awareness to whole new levels if we implore them into this CDH awareness mission! Get 1 teenager to wear a shirt that other kids think is cool and soon 3 or 4 of them have to wear it and then more and it can snowball.

So..... I've been noticing Craig's boys designs on their clothes. They are skaters, love the clothes from Pac Sun, Aeropostale and those types of stores. And I've seen my nieces wear the same type of designs on shirts from Target and Wal-Mart... seems all the kids want to dress like skaters whether they skate or not. So he's my idea.... have you seen those shirts with what looks like a psychiatric ink blot test on them but they are more frilly and designed better? Kind of a mirrored floral, flame, leafy design - usually all black design. Yeah, I know, I'm not making much sense. Some of you with teens... help me out here, is there a name for this design? I need to take a photo of a shirt and post it I suppose.

My thinking is that we create some of these with cherubs silhouettes in them and post a bit of text under them. To keep them "cool" and still get awareness out. We can sell it on cafepress and zazzle.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

my kids were Hollister,Aero as well. The thin shirt is what they like.
    My kids won't wear black but they like simple designs. You should check out the stores at the mall...

Yeah, go for it. I haven't wanted to get t-shirts for my boys because, yes, they were not very "boyish", blue yet, but not "boy". Sorry!

I say design one "skater dude" and one that is hip and modern, but not all black or satanic looking.... think Cabelas, Bass Pro, Gander Mountain. www.cabelas.com. Maybe an outdoors mountain scene with type on the clouds "My brother is in Heaven" etc. or just the website address. Just brainstorming here....
    Mom to CHERUB Jonathan Luke- who lived for an hour on Nov. 7- 1997. RCDH- hole in the heart- IUGR- 5 lbs. 15.7 oz.- 11 inch umbilical cord! Also mom to Allen- 3-13-99- Trevor 2-20-02- Brent 4-19-04. Michigan State Rep- Non-Survivor On-Call Volunteer.

Don't mean the shirts are black. I mean they are usually printed in black and white. Really not dark at all, more Renaissance to me (the boys wouldn't like me saying that!). Kind of like... you know what a airline wings pin looks like? It's simple, but flowery too - equal on both sides so that if you folded it it would be mirrored? I've got take a photo and post it.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I think this is a great idea.
    Your so right when you say if one teen-ager wears a shirt and others like it---it could become a CDH trend!!!! It is even like this in pre-teen world!
    Can't wait to see the picture.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Ok, the closest word I can come up with to describe it (by searching on the internet) is "flourish". I'll ask the boys later today what the kids call it, if they do call it anything other than "cool design". Here's something kinda similar but not symmetrical. http://www.cafepress.com/buy/heart+f...pt_/c_669/pg_1

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

My going on 8 year old and going on 7 year old-said that was very cool and would love one that says something about CHERUBS.
    It's nice that it will come in other styles of shirts.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Thank you Lexi and Morgan!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Same with Victoria. My boys like zipper hoodies

Ok, we have 3 new "cool" logos for the older cherubs.

http://www.cafepress.com/cherubs/4770154

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada