Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Church Bulletin

Church Bulletin

For Shannon's First Anniversary week at church we bought flowers had a church bulletin insert all about CHERUBS.

So now everyone at our church is educated on what CDH is. Hope everyone finds it in their hearts to donate/help!

Try it at your church!!
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

Blog Entries
    Thats awesome Kate! The flowers are beautiful.
    Corin New England State Rep [img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/GabrielMommy1118/1-3.jpg[/img] [url]www.gabriel-nava.virtual-memorials.com[/url] Gabriels website [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66S-vt5sI8[/url] Gabriels Video [url]http://corinscrazylife.blogspot.com/[/url] My Blog [url]http://newenglandcherubs.wordpress.com[/url] New England Blog

Kate- The flowers are beautiful.
    What a wonderful way for your church to support you and your family.
    I hope you know that Shannon is watching over her Mommy and saying - I am proud of my Mommy.
    What a great way to get CDH awareness out there. I know my church is aware of CDH- through our good sams group and believe it spreads like wild fire. (maybe not a great comparsion- Kara's post) but it does work.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

good sams group? What's that?
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

The Good Sams Group at our church is a group of ladies that help families when they need meals, send packages over seas to soldiers, send packages to College students, send letters/cards when they are needed.
    It is a great group. When Shelby was in the hospital they brought dinner over every week for almost two months. It helped whoever was home with the girls. Shane and I switched staying at the hospital. When they brought dinner over- we could do whatever the girls wanted and spend lots of time with them. It helped in not having to worry about cooking dinner and they brought so much food, there was always left-overs for the next night.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Aw! That is so sweet! My church is wee tiny! We had gotten a new , younger Pastor a couple years back, he is doing a lot with the church, trying to bring families together, more involved. Although, the are not much into donating for cause, I heard they don't like to pressure people to give up their money. So I was so pleased that they put that in there for
    me.

Blog Entries
    Our church brought in meals for us, too, once Adam was home and it was such a huge help.

Last week I told you about our pastor coming over with cards made by kids. Would you believe, I'm still getting them in the mail. The church had all sunday school classes from 3 years old to 3rd grade make pictures, cards, etc. Aaron's class even took photos of each of the kids and sent to him. He is so proud and shows those cards to everyone he can.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

That's great Kara. I bet Aaron is proud of the cards.
    I can tell you it has helped us so much to have the support from our parish. They have been WONDERFUL.
    I think back about when we were in and out of the hospital and when Shane and I were there together- they brought dinners in for my Mother and it helped her.
    Thursday we go to the hospital to meet with the feeding coordinators, developmental doc and other docs. I am excited to go, but I guess i am feeling a little on guard-I am hoping they are not like, well you should be doing this...you should be doing that....I hope they give us good advice and maybe we can even talk about the feeding clinic. I don't think Shelby is ready...but at least we can learn about what it can offer.
    My reason for saying this....is our church offered to bring dinner. I did not like saying no, but I guess I will always have in the back of my mind, if we go back to the hospital, we will SO need their help. Mrs. Fritts, who is an angel, totally understood when I explained my feelings to her.
    It gives me great joy to know they are willing to help. I look forward to when I can get out and help with dinners and other activities.

I LOVE the Church Bulletin idea!!! What a wonderful way to remember sweet little Shannon and to educate the congregation about CDH. And what beautiful flowers! I just think that's amazing that your church did that. I'm sure Shannon was there in church with you.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Kate,

What a wonderful idea!!!! And a great way to honor Shannon on
    her anniversary!!
    Kim Richards Mom to Olivia Raine 08/31/02-09/19/02 LCDH- Ecmo 19 days Mom to Alyssa 3/30/00 & Carsen 02/19/04