Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CDH Awareness Project - Street Names Across The Country!

CDH Awareness Project - Street Names Across The Country!

This isn't my idea, someone on Myspace came up with this and it happened to be forwarded to me. They are doing it for a child with cancer. Why can't we do it for CDH?

CDH Ct., CDH St., or whatever we all decide to vote on to name them... streets across the country named for CDH Awareness. Everyone can petition their local government to name a street in their city or town. And every time someone drives by the street, lives on the street, etc... they will wonder "Why that name?". Newspaper and television bits about it to help raise awareness. Photos of you all smiling beside the street signs. Signs... permanent reminders, all year round!

What do you all think?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I LOVE THIS idea. I vote for CDH Street. I also like CDH Avenue.
    Will you come up with a standard petition for us to follow? I am wondering if I would write our mayor or our street department?
    I love the idea of the signs being permanent. ALL YEAR ROUND AWARENESS. Now that is cool.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Awesome idea Dawn!! I'm in. what do we do next?
    Kristin Morrow- mother of Landen James 9/18/07 (LCDH- diagnosed at 19 weeks in utero- CDH repair at 4 days old- chest tube due to secondary pneumothorax for 6 days- HFOV for 8 days- inhaled nitric oxide for 6 days- high flow nasal cannula oxygen for 14 days; battled drug withdrawl & an oral aversion- NICU stay 28 days) http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../cdhribbon.jpg

Blog Entries
    I think a lot of us often talk about walking the CDH path with our children. So what about CDH Path or CDH Pathway. Is there a set ruling on what the road ending has to be (Rd, Ave, Circle, Drive, etc.)? Where do we find this info out?
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Blog Entries
    Ok, I just realized that using "Path" might not seem right for a street, however, think about your local parks. It always seems that park names, park memorials, buildings or trails in the parks are named in honor or memory of someone. We have a park in our area named Ryan's Park. Ryan passed on from Cancer. How about hitting up Park Systems with this?
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

I send out my letter to our town Mayor today.
    I actually talked with our mayor this week-end. He said send me the information and I will take it to our Board of Works.
    I told him that I would send him the information- and if he could be so kind to let me know if this will happen- I could tell him what we would like the street named.
    Our town sounds the same as yours Kara- naming streets in memory of....well in my letter I wrote this sentence;
    "I have done a little research and from what I learned, Rochester only names streets in Memory of someone. To name a street CDH street, CDH Avenue or however we will do it if this takes place. Is not only naming a street in Memory of babies that do not survice this horrible defect. It will also show our community that you support a baby that is a CDH survivor. You will not only impact our community, but the CDH community.

So, maybe he was just being nice in public or he is sincere. Only time will tell!!!!
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

That is so great, Stephanie!!!!!!

We need a Street Name Coordinator - someone to help others write letters and to keep this ball rolling! Any volunteers???

First person who gets a street named and has their photo with their street sign will make front page Silver Lining News! And a free t-shirt and cookbook!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Ok, so was this a totally bad idea?

No volunteers? No one interested in doing this in your town? No one willing to just call town hall and find out what needs to be done? Come on, be the first with a CDH street sign! Front page news on the newsletter, plus a newspaper article or maybe local tv news. Think of all the tons of CDH awareness you will be spreading year round!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

No, I think it was a great idea!!!!!
    Kristin will jump in I am sure!! Right Kristin?????lol
    I sent mine to our Mayor and have not heard a word.

I think each town will be different- I know the Mayor here where I live has to ok it by the Board of Works.

I have my letter written to my town and am sending it out tomorrow. Since I live on the county line I'm going to see if I can get both counties to do this.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada