Stay Connected

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS Camping Retreat

The campground does not open until May 1st. When we go up to open up the camper, I am going to talk to the owner and see if we can get discounts, get a pavilion for the night. I would like us all to be close so we don't have to walk far. Plus where we are is close to the pool, lake and bath house My family has been camping there for years, so I can't imagine he'll say no
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

Me too!! That sounds like such a great weekend!! Good luck with it Kate!
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

We are getting a camper !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Ok, we want a travel trailer pull behind, I dont know if we'll get one before this or not ! Dont know if finances will allow! LOL!
    Anyone have any suggestions ?????? we know we want at least 26-29 ft, no longer than 30, slides, pull behind, we'll be pulling with toyota tundra, we are not wanting to spend a fortune but dont want a dump LOL I am high maintenance (sometimes) ''
    any recommendations/help might get us there with you guys I sure hope it will !!!

Hmmm, I'll have to ask. I never really paid attention to types or anything. We used to pull ours with a tundra, our's is a 40ft 9 sleeper, let me find out. I'll get back to you
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

I a going to pip in here Kate and Penny----
    The new one we just bought--is a driver one---we got it for a steal. Low miles and a great price.
    What you are looking for the 26-29 feet pull along--you should be able to get one for a steal.
    Around Indiana everyone is selling them becasue of gas prices.
    We have this Rv book that comes out once a week- and the prices just keep dropping.
    Look for a good deal and offer the people selling it $2 grand below the price and I bet you will get it.
    Too bad you won't have it before the ride next week-end.
    Really though----look around and I bet you find one you love, one you can hall and one at a GREAT price!!!
    Let us know what you find.
    Don't pay full price for any camper that you like----they mark them up I believe around 75% and that is WAY TO HIGH!!!!!!
    Wheel and deal with them---so you get best value for what YOU want to spend.
    I would like to hear what the prices are around your house Kate.

How are you feeling anyways Kate?
    Trying to get ready for this ride and I think it is taking over!!!!!!!lol
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

see .. that is what I needed to know !!! THANK YOU
    The prices here are pretty high.
    Alot of the campgrounds we are looking at have 30Ft limit.
    I cant wait, I hope we can find a nice/clean one.
    I'll keep you guys posted...
    STEPH .. what kind of RV mag is that ?? you get ??
    Did you get my email about the not being able to remember how to post pics in my gallery? LOL>>>>>help

I will check my e-mails after this and will help!!!
    It is a magazine of all the RV's that are for sale in Indiana, from individuals or dealers.
    I bet you could go google your state in and something about RV's.
    Do keep us posted and YOU WILL FIND ONE YOU LOVE!!!!!
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Trailer Life is a great magazine. Steph answered better than me LOL! See we don't pull, ours sits at our campground so we have never had to worry much about gas. We have a Prowler, it was about rrr 16 or 17 thousand? It's a 2000 though so I am sure priced are higher. My boss just bough a nice tip out though for about 12, he knows how to look for good deals!! Like I said ours sleeps 9 and is nice because me, my 2 older sister plus their brudes and my parents all use the camper.

Hello everyone! I am getting very excited about a month and a half left until the weekend!

I would like to try to get a head count of members who intend to camp through the weekend. I would love to get discount prices for the sites. I would also like to try to make sure they are close! Please e-mail/PM/post by April 30th.

This weekend is open to all members. Please do not think you *have* to camp. You don't! If you don't have the money to stay the weekend, please do not feel pressured. Our tenative schedule for activities is:

June 6: Marshmellow Roast at Kate's site
    June 7: Fishing Tournament (afternoon) Dance/Get together (late evening)
    June 8: All day Pool Party

All of the activities are free!! Please come spend the day with us!! Please do not feel pressured about the money issue. I understand gas is getting outrageous. I am sure, if you want to come, you can hitch a ride with someone coming, if you want to stay, but can't afford a site, I know I have space to share and I am sure other's would too! So anyone who would like to come spend a day with us, please let me know!

The camping retreat is just a get together, anything we can do for members to meet! Let me know how I can help you! I am really looking forward to the relaxing weekend!!

On a medical note - Latrobe Hospital is 17.5 miles from the campground (maybe even less) about a 30 minutes drive. My husband and I are both state certified Emergency Medical Techinicians and will have a first aid kit on hand. I will definitely try to borrow (wink, wink) some more supplies from work so that I can assure I have adequate medical supplies.

If there are any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know!

Blog Entries
    We're planning on attending and camping for all nights. Well, the boys will do the tent thing. Lil ole me will be bunking with either the Olivarez crew or you, Kate. Hmmmm, camper with 4 girls or camper with pregnant lady who will be up tinkling all night. Tough choice.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.