Stay Connected

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Babies: Special Delivery

Can you call your internet provider and see if it is a mess up on their end?
    It could be due to all the snow and the towers being messed up!?!?
    Are you doing ok Kara? How much snow is still on the ground? Are the snow plows able to keep up with all the snow?

Leave it to you and me to change the topics--yet again!!!

Please share what the program was about.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Kara - I am having the same problems and we have 70 degree weather.

I would also love to hear about the show.

Does anyone else feel like it would take CDH happening in a famous person's family before word will really be out? I know great strides have been made but if a Hollywood star had a CDH baby it would be on more than just Discovery channels. Please don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish CDH on anyone.
    Michelle Mommy to Abigail Taylor diagnosed at 20 weeks left side DH - born 8/13/07 - on ECMO 4 days - surgery done 8/17/07 - had to be taken off ECMO due to bleeding on her brain - went with the Angels on 8/18/07 Mommy also to Emily who turned 4yrs old 15days after Abbie was born

I have my DVR set to record it this morning. It is on here at 2am! I have seen previews for the Deliver Me show but I haven't watched it yet. Here in AZ its on at like 10pm on Tuesday nights. Can't wait to watch that show tomorrow!!
    Kristin Morrow- mother of Landen James 9/18/07 (LCDH- diagnosed at 19 weeks in utero- CDH repair at 4 days old- chest tube due to secondary pneumothorax for 6 days- HFOV for 8 days- inhaled nitric oxide for 6 days- high flow nasal cannula oxygen for 14 days; battled drug withdrawl & an oral aversion- NICU stay 28 days) http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m.../cdhribbon.jpg

I was up at 5am this morning... turned on the TV and wouldn't you know it... this episode was on... I'd seen it before... I've wondered where the Mom Rain is.. I wonder if we'd ever hear from her....

Michelle.... I've always thought that same thing... I'm sure it CDH would get huge media attention if a celebrity was diagnosed...
    Cristin Mama to Graham- RCDH diagnosed at birth. ECMO x2 19 days total- left nephrectomy- two brain bleeds- developmental delays- profound hearing loss- still tube fed but learning to eat!! Mama to Dottie born 02/23/07 big fat healthy baby who LOVES her brother!! www.caringbridge.org/ma/grahamrussell http://cdhmomma.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I have to laugh at the celebrity comment. I know what you're trying to say, but it sounds silly. Let's go pick out a celebrity and tell them to have a CDH baby. How about Oprah? She's got great pull in the community.

I'm watching the Delivery show now. The first case has the intestinal tract on the outside, then the second mother, Rain is having a CDH baby.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

If we keep working hard at spreading CDH Awareness---believe me it will get out to the public. We cannot EVER give up the fight to get people aware of this horrible defect and how it affects families all over the world.
    If we all continue to get the awareness out there- it will only help our cause and that to me is worth trying any aspect to get CDH awareness out to the world.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    Ok, I have to take a break from watching the CDH recording. I'm having a hard time dealing with it and am crying too much.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

I feel for you Kara. It is hard to watch CDH recordings becasue of what you have been through and what other families are going through, will go through in the future and their is NO AWARENESS out there. Only those of us affected by CDH know about it and that is something all of us should try and change.
    Smile Kara and have a great day and hugs to you.

Blog Entries
    I finished the episode and sadly the CDH baby did not survive.

I have never seen anything on tv about CDH, and I just heard that it was on. Anyways, I thought that the "deliver me" premiered on March 5th on TLC, I didn't get to watch it though. I'm confused is it on TLC or Discovery health? Hey Steph do by chance have an extra copy of Infants fight for life?
    Mommy to Myah Rose Collins- diagnosed at birth with CDH (right side)- liver up- underdevloped lungs- premature (32wks) http://tac.families.com/cb/225339.png http://tac.families.com/ezb/1070024.png