Stay Connected

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Our WONDERFUL Conference / Angel Ball / Golf Tourny Weekend!

Kara - you did well with the raffle and the silent auction! Hawaii!! you lucky family
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

Thank you so much for posting a summary of the weekend - my family wishes they could have been there to meet you wonderful people and take part. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and deserve a big round of applause for the work you do for Cherubs!!!!! We pray the golf tournament is a success tomorrow!!! Dawn you relax girl and have a great week after tomorrow!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Dawn, it was a wonderful wonderful time. You and your volunteers did such a great job. I had so much fun, but most importantly, I learned so much more about dealing with children with CDH. My sister Evelyn was also impressed with everything. It took her 12 hours today to go home, due to weather, storms, a normal 2 hour flight. lol But she also told me to say thank you for a great weekend. Elijah, as those who saw had a fun time, I didn't realize how much engery that little one has. I had a blast with the people. I felt like I knew everyone for so long. That it didn't feel like the first time meeting you all, you made me feel very very welcomed. I love you all, and Hope to see you all next year at the Indiana conference (LOL that is for stephenie). Well, it is time for me to go to bed. I will read more post tomorrow.
    Love
    Aunt Nancy

Sounds wonderful!! Thanks for filling us in! Go Kara, that's amazing about Hawaii! I'm glad it all worked out so well Dawn now REST GIRL!!!
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

Photo albums are up - ready for photos to be added when you all get a chance!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much for the summary and all the comments. Wow Kara, Hawaii! You can be sure to see STACKS of flip flops there, lol. Can't wait to see all of the photos in the albums.

Dawn, so glad you liked your book. You will have to take some pictures of it so that we can see what it looks like, get the general feel and all. If we don't hear from you for a week we will know you are still sleeping

Congratulations to you and all the volunteers - sounds like it was MORE than worth it
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

We had a great time too! We got the trip to Florida and are trying to get Amy's parents to adopt our family!
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

Awwwww... sounds like I miss an unforgettable weekend! *sigh* BUT I'm so happy you all had so much fun, you cried, laughed, ect...

Dawn... I'm so happy you liked you book

I have one question left... WHEN IS THE NEXT ONE????
    Fer Mom to Ana (29-11-2001) Mom to Juan Pablo (1-6-2007) born with a right sided diaphragm eventration- a rare type of CDH- severe reflux and speech delayed with signs of autism Juan Pablo- a Tribute to Life at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ Our family blog at www.arcephoto.blogspot.com (if you want to visit- email me at maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send you an invite)

Blog Entries
    Do you think you will go Fer? My hubby and I are making tentative plans already. I can't committ but we are seriously talking about it and trying not to get too excited about the possibility!

Shaz, Maryanne and Dani - any chance any of you would go? What about other International members? If we start planning now, we might just make it there!!!
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

Fer, ask me that in a week or two when I'm rested over this one! LOL

The Golf Tournament went GREAT! We didn't have enough players but everyone kept saying what a great event it was for the first year and very classy. The players, volunteers and vendors again said they all are on board for next year!!! It was HOT though - 98 degrees but some breeze. The golf course itself.... ugh, overpriced, cold but the location and course was beautiful. Already have another course offering us to do it for less than HALF what this course charged us this year so we'll be having it somewhere else next year. Braden and Garret got to play so I was very happy about having my boys there. And they were complete little gentlemen and even kept up with the adults with their scores. No one got a hole in one so the Lexus went back to the dealership. Maybe next year! Next year though I'm going to see if we can give away a house!

Yes, already thinking about next year... ok, so Fer, we're thinking San Francisco next summer but the east coasters say they will boycott. Maybe Texas. We'll see.

Not sure how much money we raised or didn't raise (we went in the hole on the golf tourney) - won't find out until the auction company reports back. But all 3 events were successful as far as everyone having a great time, being great awareness events, informational and classy (well, the conference could've been classier).... but we did it! We pulled it off, all 3 events and I am SOOOOOO proud of our volunteers!!!!!!!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.