Stay Connected

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Our WONDERFUL Conference / Angel Ball / Golf Tourny Weekend!

I hear ya on the saving up! I don't know how I'm going to afford to go to SF either, plus 2 other events next year, but I will pull it off somehow! You ladies are so right - where there is a will, there is a way! Ebay, yard sales, car washes.... whatever we have to do! And Australia one year.... I'm so in!!! We need to pick a year and say we're all going and just go! Maybe we can hitchhike on a ship or something. lol.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I wish Jeff would have danced, but he waited until the last minute, had to buy a tux and shoes and get alterations done to the tune of about $350.00. He did not listen to me and bought shoes that did not fit, so he did not want to move. He said he thought he was going to have an anxiety attack, they were so tight.
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

Where did you get the tux at, Lynne? You guys didn't go to Hillsborough?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

we could not find the place in Hillsborough. We were looking for the 2nd exti but could only find one Hillsborough exit and Jeff would not ask for directions. That will teach him to wait until the last minute. We ended up at the Southpoing Mall at the Tux store.
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

Blog Entries
    I know we all shelled out a lot for the ball, but the good news is that now we all already have tuxes or gowns for future Angel Balls : )
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

that's true ..
    except me !
    i'll be the one spending next year LOL
    but i have a whole year to get a dress, dont i ?

MEN and directions. will they ever learn ?

That is what Dawn said. I will not be able to wear this dress next year, hopefully. I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks so I am getting there. I don't know if it is my thyroid or the fact that i gave up sodas and sweet tea.

Blog Entries
    Good for you, Lynne! You go girl! By the way, I thought you were absolutely stunning at the ball! I loved your dress!

I starved myself 2 days before the ball so I'd fit in my dress now I'm on the see-food diet and eating anything in sight!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Blog Entries
    You go Lynne! I know it is that reunion coming up . I could not give up sweet tea LOL. That is my weakness.

Jeff should have just taken his shoes off. All of the girls were barefoot. We wouldn't have cared. You can have your dress altered for next time, it is beautiful. I'm going to try to talk Dawn into letting us wear colors so I can get my dress in the red LOL. Go to amazon.com and type in ball gowns they have a lot to choose from.

I won't even comment on men and directions, I think that is why Jeff bought the GPS system!
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio