Stay Connected

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Ohio Picnic

Blog Entries
    My sense of adventure does not involve anything with winds over 80 mph and torrential rain LOL. I will take the hubby and the rum but unfortunately we will have both boys one of which will be freaking out and stressing whether we will be able to go to Disney/Universal (already started) let alone survive! Heaven help me.

Great pics Kara. That last one is really good. That is the Keeton family (Cody) with Dr. Groner and us. Dr. Groner also operated on Cody.
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

Great pictures Kara - it looks like everybody had a lot of fun!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Blog Entries
    You can do this, Tara! I've been through 2 highest level tropical storms and one category 1 hurricane while vacationing in Florida and Jamaica. During the tropical storms it wasn't lightening so we enjoyed the swimming pool. Little windy, but you don't notice it when you have rum on your side. For the hurricane . . . . I recommend you take flashlights or emergency backup nighlights with you. Throw in some extra batteries and maybe a little battery operated radio. Pack lots of board games, magazines, battery operated DVD player, etc. Have protein snacks on hand as well as rum. Make up an oil/vinegar based pasta dish so you have something to eat that won't spoil. Make sure you have some rum on hand, too. Oh and totally make sure you have wet wipes with you in case you lose water. Finally, in order to survive a hurricane make sure you have rum : )
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

TARA--HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Kara--did the rum really help?????? You are making me laugh!!!!!!
    Do you really think they will need rum???
    Hey Kara--do you think they will need rum?????
    Rum???Kara?????

TARA--don't forget the rum!!!!lol
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    OMG Kara you are cracking me up. My mom is coming up on Sat so thre will be vodka yuck. Now on top of regular stuff to pack I need all this extra . Eveyone else is probably leaving FL and we are heading down there. We are nuts. Ok gotta go pack the rum
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

TARA---HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!
    Shane wants JEFF to know if in-need...call a friend indeed!!!
    Was told what to type.
    You will have a GREAT time. BE SAFE!
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    Tara just remember the words from the Adventurer's Club at Disney's Pleasure Island.

“Marching Along
    We’re Adventurers.
    Singing the Song
    Of Adventurers.
    Up or Down,
    North, South,
    East or West
    An Adventurer’s Life is best.
    An Adventurer’s Life is best!”

As you sing/say the words be sure to do the Salute as described below!

Raise your right hand.

Place the heel of your hand, with fingers facing away from the body, just above your navel.

Make a few fishy waves wiggle movements back and forth with your hand.

Lift up your hand as if you were going to take a shot of alcohol.

Continue the movement higher so your right hand is raised high in the air.

Shout “Kungaloosh!”

“Kungaloosh” is an “all purpose” word like “Aloha”. It means “Hello”, “Goodbye” or “Kiss me quick before the lava flow engulfs us.”
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Sounds like you all had fun. I would love to try to make it next year. You meet in Columbus, right? That's only about an hour and a half from us.
    http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...glishsmall.jpg -Katie English Mom of Henry: LCDH diagnosed at 18 weeks gestation- born March 25- 2008. ECMO for 2 weeks- CDH repair at 3 1/2 weeks- home at 8 weeks! Still on O2 at night. Also Mom to Emma (12)- Gail (10)- and Claire (7)- (Henry's big sisters and loyal guardians!) www.carepages.com (Look up HenryEnglish)

Blog Entries
    Yes, we meet in the Columbus area at Homestead Park in Hilliard.

Where are you located Katrina?

I'm in Middletown, Ohio. It's halfway between Cincinnati and Dayton.
    http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...glishsmall.jpg -Katie English Mom of Henry: LCDH diagnosed at 18 weeks gestation- born March 25- 2008. ECMO for 2 weeks- CDH repair at 3 1/2 weeks- home at 8 weeks! Still on O2 at night. Also Mom to Emma (12)- Gail (10)- and Claire (7)- (Henry's big sisters and loyal guardians!) www.carepages.com (Look up HenryEnglish)