Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Recipes/Soup Salad, Veggie, Main Dish or Casseroles

Recipes/Soup Salad, Veggie, Main Dish or Casseroles

We are putting together a cookbook so I am asking for all your wonderful recipes. As it says in the title I would like recipes for soup, salads, veggies, main dishes or casseroles.

Please email them to bmoats@midrivers.com or post them to this thread and I will make sure they get in our cookbook. Our deadline is October 15, 2008 so we can get them out for the holiday season.

Looking forward to all the yummy recipes
    Elaine- mom to Kristin 22- LCDH- nissen- ASD- oxygen till 2 1/2- g-tube till 4 1/2- bowel obstruction at 14 yrs old- only one lung. Also mom to Brittany 18- no CDH just 2 mths premie.

Elaine,
    Have sent you some receipes for soup.
    Shaz
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

I got them, thanks also the ones you forwarded. They are great
    Elaine- mom to Kristin 22- LCDH- nissen- ASD- oxygen till 2 1/2- g-tube till 4 1/2- bowel obstruction at 14 yrs old- only one lung. Also mom to Brittany 18- no CDH just 2 mths premie.

The deadline is just 2 weeks away. I am still looking for more great recipes. You can post them here if it is easier or email me at bmoats@midrivers.com
    Thanks

Hi Elaine! Hope that you are getting lotsa yummy recipes!! I have been typing mine up for u!

Come on everyone----gets some yummy recipes sent to Elaine for the cookbook.....Even one recipe will help!!

Barb

Barb,
    I have 7 main dishes and 2 soup and 1 salad recipes so am hoping to receive lots more in the next couple weeks.

I don't have many of my own to add since all my favorite recipes are in the first two cookbooks

Elaine

LOL Elaine!! I had to check which ones I submitted before so I didn't do the same ones!

Blog Entries
    I'm working on it. Spent a couple hours today typing out recipes. Look for them soon : )
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Greek Salad

Lemon Dressing-
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper

Salad-
    7 oz spinach, torn into bite-size pieces (5 cups)
    1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
    1 package (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese (1 cup)
    4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
    24 pitted ripe olives
    3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
    1 medium cucumber, sliced

1. In tightly covered container, shake all dressing ingredients.
    2. In large bowl, toss salad ingredients and dressing. Serve immediately.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pasta and Grilled Veggie Salad

2 cups uncooked gemelli or rotini pasta (8 ounces)
    1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
    1 1/2 cups baby-cut carrots
    1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    8 ounces fresh asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
    1 jar (6 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and liquid reserved
    2 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled

1. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
    2. Place onion and carrots in large bowl; drizzle with about 1/4 cup of the dressing. Sprinkle with seasoned salt; toss to coat. Place vegetables in grill basket (grill “wok”), using slotted spoon; reserve dressing in bowl.
    3. Cover and grill onion and carrots 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 15 minutes, shaking basket or stirring vegetables occasionally. Add asparagus to dressing in bowl; toss to coat. Add asparagus to onion and carrots in grill basket. Cover and grill 8 to 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
    4. Add cooked pasta, grilled vegetables and artichoke liquid to remaining dressing in bowl. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup dressing; toss to mix. Stir in artichokes. Sprinkle with bacon.

Submitted by Bethany Gillham in memory of Jack Ryan Gillham
    Bethany Gillham Mommy to Jack Ryan 7/6/07 - 8/17/07 Arkansas State Rep. www.jackryangillham.org www.caringbridge.org/visit/jackryangillham bethany@jrgfoundation.org

Bethany,
    Thanks for the recipes