Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meat, Poulter and Seafood Receipes

Meat, Poulter and Seafood Receipes

I am collecting all the Meats,Poultery and Seafood recipes for the cookbook.

I know you ALL have lots of amazing receipes to share.

Please email me at sknott@cherubs-cdh.org or post here and I will add them as well.

Please let me know who they are in memory/honor of as well The deadline is October 15th.

Many thanks
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

C'mon you guys...

I'm know you ALL have receipes too share....
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

Chicken Parmesan
    Ingredients: 1 package chicken breasts or tenders, 1 cup bread crumbs, 1 cup parmesan cheese, 1 TBS garlic salt, 1 TBS olive oil, 1 jar spaghetti sauce of choice, 2-3 large eggs (beaten), 1-2 cups mozzerella cheese, pasta of choice (cooked)
    Directions:
    -mix bread crumbs, cheese, and garlic salt
    -coat each piece of chicken in the beaten egg and then in the crumb mixture
    -lightly brown chicken in olive oil in large skillet (3-4 mintues on each side)
    -pour 1/2 the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and add the chicken
    -pour the other 1/2 of the sauce over the chicken
    -top with mozzerella cheese
    -bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 mintues
    -serve over pasta of choice

Submitted by Brenda Johnson in memory of Jack Ryan Gillham
    Bethany Gillham Mommy to Jack Ryan 7/6/07 - 8/17/07 Arkansas State Rep. www.jackryangillham.org www.caringbridge.org/visit/jackryangillham bethany@jrgfoundation.org

I am going to post a few more recipes here because they do include meat and poultry...I'm not exactly sure what section they will go in??? Let me know if you think they need to go in another section. Thanks!

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti:
    Ingredients needed: 1 package chicken breasts or tenders (cooked), 1 medium onion, 1 bell pepper, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can Rotel, 1 lb Velveeta (or cheese of choice),1 can mushroom (optional), bowtie pasta (cooked)
    Directions:
    -as noted, first cook chicken and pasta
    -chop onion and bell pepper and saute in 1 TBS butter or margerine
    -melt the cheese in a separate dish
    -chop chicken into bite-sized chunks
    -add the chopped chicken, onion and bell pepper, soup, Rotel, and mushroom to the cheese and mix
    -add pasta and stir to blend it in with the sauce and chicken
    -put in baking dish
    -bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes and serve
    Submitted by Emily Runyon in memory of Jack Ryan Gillham

SAVORY CHICKEN DINNER

2 (15 oz.) cans of green beans, drained
    3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    4 large potatoes
    1 env. Italian salad dressing mix
    1/2 c. butter, melted
    Salt/ pepper to taste

Heat oven to 300. In a greased 9X13 inch baking dish or disposable pan, place green beans and, chicken breasts in the middle of the dish and potatoes on other end. Mix together dressing mix and butter, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and cover with foil. Bake at 300 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
    Submitted by Amanda Mayes in memory of Jack Ryan Gillham

Beef Stroganoff

2 lb. Stew Meat
    1 pkg. Dry Onion Soup Mix
    1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
    ½ can of Water
    16 oz. Sour Cream
    1 bag Large Egg Noodles, cooked

Mix all ingredients, except sour cream and noodles, together in a crock-pot. Cook 8 hours on medium heat; then add sour cream and heat through. Serve over hot noodles.
    Submitted by Sara Polchlopek in memory of Jack Ryan Gillham
    Bethany Gillham Mommy to Jack Ryan 7/6/07 - 8/17/07 Arkansas State Rep. www.jackryangillham.org www.caringbridge.org/visit/jackryangillham bethany@jrgfoundation.org

Bethany,

Thanks so much for these. Def fit into this section.
    Shaz xx

I know you ALL have receipes you want to share....send them in please

Shaz - as soon as I saw this post AGAIN, I got the guilts so here is one of our fave recipes! SORRY it took me so long to pull my finger out!!!!

Stir-fried Mexican Beef

750g beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
    35g pkt taco seasoning
    1 tablespoon peanut oil
    1 large red onion, sliced thinly
    1 medium red capsicum, sliced thinly
    1 medium yellow capsicum, sliced thinly
    4 small tomatoes, seeded, sliced
    2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves

Combine beef and seasoning in medium bowl. Heat half the oil in wok or large pan; stir-fry beef mixture and onion, in batches, until well browned.

Heat remaining oil in wok, stir-fry capsicums until just tender.

Return beef mixture to wok with tomato and coriander; stir-fry until hot.

Serves 4

Serve with rice.
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

Dani, you SO know I was going to nag you...xxx

C'mon everyone else.... Has anyone got any nice seafood receipes???

Here's some yummy seafood recipes...

Thai Shrimp

1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
    1 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
    1 cup sliced red onion
    1 to 2 teaspoons green or red Thai curry paste
    1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
    1/4 cup chopped fresh Thai basil or basil leaves
    Hot cooked rice, if desired

1. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp and onion in oil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in curry paste; cook 1 minute.
    2. Stir in tomatoes, lime juice and brown sugar. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk and basil. Heat over low heat until hot.
    3. Serve over rice.

Shrimp Scampi

1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
    3/4 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
    1 medium green onion, thinly sliced (1 tablespoon)
    1 clove garlic, finely chopped
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
    2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 3/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired

1. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and remaining ingredients except cheese. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink. (Do not overcook shrimp or they will become tough.) Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese.

Fish Tacos

1 pound firm white fish fillets, such as sea bass, red snapper or halibut
    1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon ground cumin or chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    8 corn tortillas (6 inches in diameter)
    1/4 cup sour cream
    Toppers (shredded lettuce, chopped avocado, chopped tomatoes, chopped onion and chopped fresh cilantro), if desired
    1/2 cup chunky salsa

1. Spray grill rack with cooking spray. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
    2. Brush fish with oil; sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and grill fish over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
    3. Heat tortillas as directed on package. Spread sour cream on tortillas. Add fish, Toppers and salsa.

Submitted by Bethany Gillham in memory of Jack Ryan Gillham - Huntsville, AR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am working on sending my recipes to you Shaz!!!!!
    Playing that catch up game!!!!!!!! lol
    You will have them soon.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]