Stay Connected

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS 2009 Conference???

Did you get my email on 12/22 asking for more info? As I've said, I'd be more than happy to call around and get rates but no one is able to give me anything without more information (specifically dates, times we need the conference rooms, what style of room ie. reception, theater, or board room, etc., how many rooms we'd be blocking, that sort of thing, whether we'd need meal service).

It's not a question of begging me to help if it's in SA, I simply won't be able to do anything. Michael is not the kind of child you can drop off with a sitter so you can drive two hours away to hang out for a day, and I know you know what that's like, Dawn. I want to help, but realistically I will not be able to. If the masses want it in San Antonio, that's great! Go for it! This is a CHERUBS conference, not a Mel conference, I'm sure you guys would have a great time if the conference was on the moon. =) I'm just letting you know up front that what I can do to help is limited by geography and what my child is doing healthwise, I don't want anyone to have any false expectations.
    ~Mel Mother of Michael: RCDH- ECMO (11 days)- cranial evacuation- VP shunt- hernia repair- g-tube- Nissen fundoplication- pyloroplasty- ASD and VSD closures- tracheostomy- hypospadias repair- pulmonary hypertension...but what he lacks in lung capacity he more than makes up with charisma!

I 100% completely understand, Mel! Been there, done that! Really, any help at all would be very appreciated - we've never had a State Rep help with a conference at all before so any help is welcomed, even just a phone call! Besides, this conference is my responsibility, I don't want anyone thinking this thing is falling in your lap.... we're just so happy to have ANY conference help.... you just don't know! LOL. This year was the first year I'd had help and don't know what I would've done without the conference committee making calls. Even though I lived nearby, working another job and doing all our other admin stuff made it really hard to run around to get things done. This is a team effort and our conference committee is really going to have to rev up to pull this off. But we can do it!

And no, didn't get an e-mail... I think.... will check my spam folder.... (I really don't like Vista mail!)
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I thought it was going to be in July?
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

A lot are saying they can't do July. I can do either. Should I set up voting? Date and town?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I think voting for dates and town is a good idea.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Whenever and wherever I'll be there
    Fer Mom to Ana (29-11-2001) Mom to Juan Pablo (1-6-2007) born with a right sided diaphragm eventration- a rare type of CDH- severe reflux and speech delayed with signs of autism Juan Pablo- a Tribute to Life at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ Our family blog at www.arcephoto.blogspot.com (if you want to visit- email me at maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send you an invite)

Me too Fer!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

I think a vote would be a good thing.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Ok, voting is set up! http://www.cdhsupport.org/members/vi...?p=38939#38939

Voting deadline is January 10th!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Blog Entries
    Will discuss this with Julian and submit our vote. Very excited about it all!!!
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth