Stay Connected

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Private Practice" tv show

Yep, I remember that one Cindy!
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

So they mentioned CDH again on last night's episode. They sort of explained what it is but it wasn't very realistic. Immediatly after the baby was born they wanted to due surgery and asked the parents which procedure they wanted to do. Also when they showed the baby after surgery he wasn't on a vent or anything just wide awake, breathing on his own, looking around. Gotta love hollywood. But at least they kinda explained it his time.
    LCDH diagnosed at birth- surgery repair at 2 days old- vent 9 days- came home after 25 days in the NICU!

Hey, thanks for letting us know Laurie!
    New season hasnt start down under yet.. will look our for it.
    hugs
    x
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

Laurie, do you remember what procedures they were offering the parents?

I can't believe I missed it!!!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I am going to try to go to the ABC wbesite and see if they show old episodes on line like NBC does.
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

I, too, watched this last night. I was happy that CDH was mentioned again but (darn it!) as much as this show and Grey's have "mentioned" CDH they should have already explained it! LOL I was frustrated with the unrealistic way they did this last night as well.

The choice of surgeries was one that would fix it and one that would temp fix but require more surgery in the future.

I too, watched the show and dropped everything I was doing when I heard Diaphragmatic Hernia. I was also very unhappy with how unrealistic it was. The baby had a simple op. and all was good. But then again we aren't watching a true medical show, it's a soap opera basically. They were more geared towards the adoption and Adisons "Kiss". It's a positive thing that its out there.....
    Lynette and Keith Moloney Parents to : Ethan James(23 days) twin with LCDH-Our Snuggle Puppy Jack Walter - 3 yrs. old Luke James - 6 months old Ethans site: www.caringbridge.org/visit/twinbmoloney Ethans book on Shutterfly: http://community.shutterfly.com/gall...t2jFwwYgPmj3sO My space: www.myspace.com /Lynette Moloney

Well, its publicity just the same! As nurse and even more as a paramedic, I get so mad at most medical dramas anyway!
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg

They didn't say the names of the procedures, they just said that one is more "temporary" i think is the word they used saying that as the child grows it could happen again or there was a more "aggressive" procedure that was more risky. I forgot to mention that at the end when the baby was awake he didn't have an incision or anything.
    LCDH diagnosed at birth- surgery repair at 2 days old- vent 9 days- came home after 25 days in the NICU!

I missed it but heard about it... I could not believe it I had never heard about CDH until Gabby was diagnosed and now there it is. Its great but I did hear it was unrealistic. But some publicity is better than none!
    Peace&Love- Filipe&Joanna Expectant parents to baby Gabriella diagnosed with LCDH at 21 weeks being treat at CHOP