Stay Connected

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Private Practice" tv show

"Private Practice" tv show

Did anyone else catch this week's episode? The character of Addison operated on a CDH baby - they only said "diaphragmatic hernia" once and didn't elaborate on what it is, but hey, every time it's said in the media is a positive thing!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I did catch last night's episode of Private Practice! I am a Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice viewer--Chris and I love to set down on watch these two shows.

I was so excited to hear "diaphragmatic hernia" and was so hoping they would have elaborated more somewhere in the show. It is a very positive thing, everytime it is mentioned in the media!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Craig and I were watching it and I drove him nuts yelling at the tv "Come on, EXPLAIN what CDH is!!!" LOL
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Chris and I did the same thing! LOL
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

We watch this show - cant wait until that episode comes down under
    x
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

I don't watch this show. Very exciting! My husband watches Sons of Anarchy and one of the characters had a CDH baby. At least that's what my husband told me...I kept watching the episode but I didn't catch more of a reference. I wasn't too happy that they baby was born to a crack addict.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

It's a congenital heart defect on SoA, not CDH. They don't elaborate, they refer to it as the family weakness.
    ~Mel Mother of Michael: RCDH- ECMO (11 days)- cranial evacuation- VP shunt- hernia repair- g-tube- Nissen fundoplication- pyloroplasty- ASD and VSD closures- tracheostomy- hypospadias repair- pulmonary hypertension...but what he lacks in lung capacity he more than makes up with charisma!

I saw the episode on Wednesday as well. I too was yelling at the TV and Chris came in the room asking what are you doing?!
    LCDH diagnosed at birth- surgery repair at 2 days old- vent 9 days- came home after 25 days in the NICU!

Hey Shaz, where has PP gone?? Bloody infuriating, the put shows on for a few weeks and then they are gone!
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

Private Practice

There was a reference last season (I think or the season before...) on Grey's Anatomy too! Somebody associated with both shows must have some experience with it!