Stay Connected

View Poll Results: When & Where Should Our 2009 Conference Be Held?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • June 25-27, 2009 in Corpus Christi, TX

1 4.76%
  • June 25-27, 2009 in San Antonio, TX

4 19.05%
  • July 9-11, 2009 in Corpus Christi, TX

0 0%
  • July 9-11, 2009 in San Antonio, TX

0 0%
  • July 16-18, 2009 in Corpus Christi, TX

2 9.52%
  • July 16-18, 2009 in San Antonio, TX

5 23.81%
  • July 23-25, 2009 in San Antonio, TX

7 33.33%
  • July 23-25, 2009 in Corpus Christi, TX

2 9.52%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS 2009 International CDH Conference

Blog Entries
    I plan on attending with my husband Julian. But like I have said before, until I am actually on that plane heading out of Australia I won't really believe it! But things are looking good so far
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

SURE thing LYNNE !!!! sounds good !

I flew to Tx this past summer with Walker and they do allow you to carry on a car seat. I took a booster which made things a little easier. The airline going allowed him to sit on it, but coming home they would not allow it and we had to store the car seat overhead. Just some things to think about.
    Donna Easley mother of Alexander born 9-28-06 with RCDH ECMO 9 days- ASD- chronic lung disease- pulmonary hypertension- tracheomalacia- reflux- nissen- g-tube- trach and home vent since 6/2007 overall a happy and rotten 2 year old and little brother to Walker (5) http://www.totsites.com/tot/alexeasley http://webpages.charter.net/jtejctn/cdhsmall.jpeg

I don't mind the city, I prefer San Antonio because I have family there. The date is definitely july the latest.
    Fer Mom to Ana (29-11-2001) Mom to Juan Pablo (1-6-2007) born with a right sided diaphragm eventration- a rare type of CDH- severe reflux and speech delayed with signs of autism Juan Pablo- a Tribute to Life at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ Our family blog at www.arcephoto.blogspot.com (if you want to visit- email me at maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send you an invite)

So many people are going to be at the conference this year!!
    How exciting.

I think we are all waiting on the exact location and date. Then either flight or driving arrangements can be made.

When is the date for voting over??
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    The 10th it finishes. So in Australia it is all over, lol. I am guessing at some stage in the next day or two Dawn will be able to confirm dates and maybe city? It will be a real International Conference with Australia, Canada and Mexico all represented. Can't wait!!!

Oh Dawn, I am not 100% sure if Julian will attend all of the Conference. He will come to the social side of things but when we do the personal and maybe even the medical he may leave. He has never come to an Australian forum - just too hard emotionally. So I am telling him just see what you feel like and if you need to take off for walk or whatever that will be fine. Hope that is OK???

Steve may join him, thinkgs are still tough on him, too . . . I am hoping this may open him up a bit more... I am SUPER excited to meet you Danielle!!

I checked out flights and it is 540 for Steve, my sister and I to fly. Plus there was no nonstop flights, that I found, all had layovers. It is a 24 hour trip. The cost of gas there and down is around 280, excluding gas used to get around down there. Maybe 120 for a hotel on the way there and back. So we are thinking it may actually be cheaper to drive. Thinking about what I would have to take on a plane with me, plus the cost a car rental, augh, it may not be worth the hassle. My stroller is the friggin size of a cadillac - I swear you need a CDL to use it!!
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

Blog Entries
    lol re: stroller. The joys of twins Can't wait to meet you Steve and the girls either Kate. As well as all the other members! I was wondering the same about Jul - if it would help him open up at all. Anytime he does he just gets so upset and he hates that so closes down again. It's almost 17 years but I don't think he will ever really deal with it

So it is the 10th Jan over there now. Has the voting closed Dawn? Have you made any definite decisions? I am guess the date will stick but I know you still had concerns about location and members who could help organise.

I will definately be coming alone, flights are around $870 at the cheapest that I can find. Driving is 34+ hours, so I dont know what would be cheaper, let alone me driving in the states and getting lost...
    Mommy to Haylee 01/26/2004 and My cherub Asher 07/04/2007- LCDH discovered at 18 weeks- medical termination at 24 weeks. Hypoplastic left lung and right jaw- pulmonary hypertension- Secundum type ASD- left liver lobe- stomach- appendix- and small bowel herniated www.freewebs.com/babyasher Ashers webpage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxS8F4dkHjE Ashers video montage

I just talked to Ernesto and maybe I am comming alone, not yet decided but it's a lot of money to pay 4 plane tickets plus hotel, meals and all. I'll let u know as soon as we fugure it out.

But I AM going, alone or with company, I am there!
    Fer Mom to Ana (29-11-2001) Mom to Juan Pablo (1-6-2007) born with a right sided diaphragm eventration- a rare type of CDH- severe reflux and speech delayed with signs of autism Juan Pablo- a Tribute to Life at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ Our family blog at www.arcephoto.blogspot.com (if you want to visit- email me at maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send you an invite)