Stay Connected

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I need quilters, knitters and crocheters!!

Tania: I am sorry you are having a bad day. Regarding "Full of crap"--- What on earth are you talking about?
    Darlene

Will you accept the hotel size lotion, shampoos, cond, etc?
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Tania, I am confused. Why are Dawn and Barb full of crap? They posted lists that were given to them and their inventory is incomplete. We (as board members) do many things behind the scenes to ensure that this organization can be a supportive group and lately all it has come to is undeserved drama and petty HS/teenage bs. I have been a member for almost 13yrs and will continue to support ONLY CHERUBS because I know the true intent of those I am dealing with. I have personally met almost every board member at CHERUBS, numerous families, and many at BOH and I know in my heart where I can trust and find the support that I need, here at CHERUBS. I am sorry you are feeling the way you feel but maybe if you look past all this going on to the true root of what CHERUBS is all about you will find what you need. Dawn started this group with a friend and a typewriter, an extremely sick little boy, and a dream to reach thousands. She has accomplished that and has never been given the credit she is due. Not many can go thru what Dawn has and still hold their head high and I for one am proud to stand by her side through it all. Dawn was the only one that I came to that actually KNEW what I was going thru, for that I will be eternally grateful. So should everyone else. Everyone needs to stop the nonsense and get back to the basics, OUR CHILDREN. They are why we are here.
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

Tara, you got me all teary eyed even though I know you were being tough. I never would've gotten through losing Shane without you and the Board. Did you all know when Shane died Tara immediately got into her car and drove all night from Ohio from North Carolina. That's the kind of person she is and she always does the right thing. That's what we all try to do here - the right thing.

Darlene, Brenda - thank you for always standing up for what's right and not putting up with "crap". And always looking at the positive side of things too. These 2 are my surrogate big sisters... I look up to them so much and so does everyone else who knows them. And Brenda doing all this while a single mom of 2, grieving 2 cherubs and a PICU nurse... the woman has more strength than most.

Barb - if you all knew the personal sacrifices she's made and the attacks she's dealt with just for having the courage and morals to say "Hey, this isn't right. This isn't good for CHERUBS or CDH families" when others only cared about themselves and popularity and having fun. She took the hard road, the high road. She gave others the courage to come forward too. She's the bravest person I know. Not to mention we work her to death doing CHERUBS stuff! LOL

Heidi - still volunteers despite going through a horrible car accident and having a brain injury that required her to learn everything all over again! And she's one of the most positive people I know! And did you know she's raised dozen of foster kids? She's an angel on earth if I ever met one!

Kara - mom of 2 young boys, both of which have medical issues. And she's here with us, helping us do what's right instead of what's popular. She sugar-coats nothing and gives her opinion straight-up... I respect her so much for that. As she says "I'm not here on the board to make friends, I'm here to help CDH families"... that's why we are all on the board. Because if you can't tell by Tania's post... we get judged A LOT - for what we do right or wrong and sometimes for things we don't do at all! It's not fun being on the Board and putting yourself on the line.

If everyone knew how much the Advisory Committee did and how much flack we take for trying to do the right thing. Not just me - all of us. They know 100% of what goes on - not the 25% that's public - because despite what some think, we do an awful lot to protect not only the organization but the reputations of trouble-makers as well. Because it's the right thing to do. And while we may call out behavior that hurts CHERUBS or CDH families - we do not personally attack anyone. Ever. You'll never see a Board Member at CHERUBS say something horrible about someone or their child or wish bad things on them or call them names or put them down. Question someone... yes. Call out horrible stuff... yes. Attacks.... no. That's childish, rude, unprofessional and has no place in the CDH world at all. We're supposed to help children - not act like children. Our Board Members are kind, classy and some may be loud (ok, mainly just me!) but our hearts are in the right place. If you don't believe that, Tania, then this is not the place for you. : (

All 7 on our Advisory Committee are GOOD people.... Darlene, Barbara, Brenda, Tara, Heidi, Kara and yeah, me too. We are so lucky to have them. God bless them for taking so much "crap" and putting their necks on the line too.

So if anyone else wants to get confrontational and immature here... go ahead... but don't think any of us will let it slide. It's our (volunteer) job to keep CHERUBS safe. We're here for CDH families and CHERUBS. That's the only reason anyone should be here.

Now... back to regularly schedule programming please! : )
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Nicolle, absolutely we will accept them!!!! Thank you!!! : )
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

regarding Dawn's post- PERIOD. AMEN.

Very well said Ladies.

Tania I am not sure why you would post that I am "full of crap"......but if "full of crap" means that I volunteer SEVERAL hours a week to help CDH Families then Yep I am! If it means that I have knitted and crocheted SEVERAL blankets...then again yep I am! If "full of crap" describes all the stuff that I have sent in to the blanket project, to the conference and bowl-a-thons then I will proudly wear that description!!

Tania you have NO IDEA what all I have donated to that blanket project. NONE what so ever! The last box that I sent in was 24 lbs...that is a lot of blankets and supplies......and that was just ONE box that I sent. There were a few that were 16 and 17 lbs. All that was donated TO CHERUBS should have been returned. PERIOD. It was donated to CHERUBS and I have every right to question if it made its way back to CHERUBS. I have that right as an Advisor and I have that right as the person who donated it.

If I could suggest something..... I opened up this this post because I have a lady friend who wants to make afghans for Cherubs. I really didn't care to have to read all this. It is upsetting that this sight has people on it who aren't on it for the right reasons. I don't want to be part of the pettiness and I don't want new members to have to read all about it either.

If you could, try to put it under another heading or get rid of this whole trail of comments. I would be sad if another new member, searching for something good to do for Cherubs, accidentally came across this sad trail of messages.

Just a suggestion!

Thank you, Stacy
    Mother of two sons. Caleb born with CDH on 4-13-01. Had repair surgery at 3 days old; spent 2 months in hospital. Had another surgery in 9-07 for small bowel obstruction and several adhesions. He is living a nice normal life right now. He is also a wonderful older brother to Ian who was born in 7-04.

Stacy, I 100% agree with you. However we do not delete anything so it has to remain. BUT we will start a new thread with the blanket information so that no one need read this nonsense.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Thanks Dawn. I knew that you would understand and be able to do something about it.

Hope the conference is a success. I'm thinking about you.
    Mother of two sons. Caleb born with CDH on 4-13-01. Had repair surgery at 3 days old; spent 2 months in hospital. Had another surgery in 9-07 for small bowel obstruction and several adhesions. He is living a nice normal life right now. He is also a wonderful older brother to Ian who was born in 7-04.