Stay Connected

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who is attending the 2009 San Antonio Conference?

Very Very excited to meet you all

I will probably be coming by myself.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

When is the conference?
    Diagnosed at 3 1/2 years old- My son had always been a healthy- active toddler til 3 days before diagnosis. In 2/09- he was in a ER being treated for stomach flu. X-rays revealed his intestines were in his chest & colon stuck inside the hole in his diaphragm. He was showing signs of shock. We were devastated! He was wheeled away for surgery in the night. NG tube 5 days- Oxygen 3 days. We have NO idea how long he was this way but he likely had a hole in his diaphragm at birth- and his intestines- colon migrated up. He also has a large hole in his heart- 17mm-20mm. Diagnosed with ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) & will undergo Open Heart Surgery. I would love to speak to any other families of toddlers diagnosed with CDH or with anyone whose child is/has undergone a heart procedure.

Jenn - http://www.cherubsconference.org

All the details are there and the registration form (it's free to attend).

We hope to see you there!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Would my mother be able to attend as well? She has been as perplexed as we are about this condition! Thanks!
    Diagnosed at 3 1/2 years old- My son had always been a healthy- active toddler til 3 days before diagnosis. In 2/09- he was in a ER being treated for stomach flu. X-rays revealed his intestines were in his chest & colon stuck inside the hole in his diaphragm. He was showing signs of shock. We were devastated! He was wheeled away for surgery in the night. NG tube 5 days- Oxygen 3 days. We have NO idea how long he was this way but he likely had a hole in his diaphragm at birth- and his intestines- colon migrated up. He also has a large hole in his heart- 17mm-20mm. Diagnosed with ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) & will undergo Open Heart Surgery. I would love to speak to any other families of toddlers diagnosed with CDH or with anyone whose child is/has undergone a heart procedure.

Blog Entries
    Jenn - YES!!! Mom can come, too : )
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Jenn, would LOVE to see you there!
    Fer Mom to Ana (29-11-2001) Mom to Juan Pablo (1-6-2007) born with a right sided diaphragm eventration- a rare type of CDH- severe reflux and speech delayed with signs of autism Juan Pablo- a Tribute to Life at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ Our family blog at www.arcephoto.blogspot.com (if you want to visit- email me at maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send you an invite)

Trying to work it out, I'm excited! If hubby can't get off of work, my mom and I may go and bring the kids instead.

That's be wonderful!
    Fer Mom to Ana (29-11-2001) Mom to Juan Pablo (1-6-2007) born with a right sided diaphragm eventration- a rare type of CDH- severe reflux and speech delayed with signs of autism Juan Pablo- a Tribute to Life at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ Our family blog at www.arcephoto.blogspot.com (if you want to visit- email me at maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send you an invite)

We'd love to see you there, Jenn!!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada