Stay Connected

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Who is attending the 2009 San Antonio Conference?

Thank you!! My hubby is and has been out of town since Monday and in meetings ALL day to boot. I've only gotton a chance to bring it up to him and he sounded like it may be doable! I really hope he and I, and my 3 kids, with my mom, will be able to go!

I definitely want to go and meet you guys and many more!!
    Diagnosed at 3 1/2 years old- My son had always been a healthy- active toddler til 3 days before diagnosis. In 2/09- he was in a ER being treated for stomach flu. X-rays revealed his intestines were in his chest & colon stuck inside the hole in his diaphragm. He was showing signs of shock. We were devastated! He was wheeled away for surgery in the night. NG tube 5 days- Oxygen 3 days. We have NO idea how long he was this way but he likely had a hole in his diaphragm at birth- and his intestines- colon migrated up. He also has a large hole in his heart- 17mm-20mm. Diagnosed with ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) & will undergo Open Heart Surgery. I would love to speak to any other families of toddlers diagnosed with CDH or with anyone whose child is/has undergone a heart procedure.

I am coming with Shane (husband), Morgan, Taylor and Shelby.

I am looking so forward to this years conference!!!!
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Just found out I am able to get the days off of work so me and my 2 rug rats are planning on coming.

Kim, Alyssa and Carsen Richards
    Kim Richards Mom to Olivia Raine 08/31/02-09/19/02 LCDH- Ecmo 19 days Mom to Alyssa 3/30/00 & Carsen 02/19/04

Yeah!!!!! So glad you will all be able to come!!! I am so excite to meet some of you and to see others again!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

How far in advance do we need to book hotel rooms or do you need a definite head count first to be able to notify the hotel how many rooms you will need?

Thanks!!
    Diagnosed at 3 1/2 years old- My son had always been a healthy- active toddler til 3 days before diagnosis. In 2/09- he was in a ER being treated for stomach flu. X-rays revealed his intestines were in his chest & colon stuck inside the hole in his diaphragm. He was showing signs of shock. We were devastated! He was wheeled away for surgery in the night. NG tube 5 days- Oxygen 3 days. We have NO idea how long he was this way but he likely had a hole in his diaphragm at birth- and his intestines- colon migrated up. He also has a large hole in his heart- 17mm-20mm. Diagnosed with ASD (Atrial Septal Defect) & will undergo Open Heart Surgery. I would love to speak to any other families of toddlers diagnosed with CDH or with anyone whose child is/has undergone a heart procedure.

Oh and Dawn, I sent you a PM. At least I think I sent you one? lol, I'm still trying to get use to the forums.

OK, add me, my husband David, and 3 kids- Michael, Bethany, and Christopher "Chris" and my mother Lynnette will be in attendance at the conference as well.

jenn im glad you are coming.

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to meet you all We have booked all of our internal flights and have our itinerary worked out - it has changed heaps from what we first thought we would be doing but we are very excited with our plans.
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

Just FYI for those of you going, there's a large group of zoos and aquariums nationwide that participate in this reciprocal membership program; I found out about it when I bought a membership to the Texas State Aquarium last week. Basically, when you buy a membership at one, you get free or discounted admission to all of them (and it's quite a list!) Definitely worth a look, the San Antonio Zoo and Aquarium are part of it (not Sea World, but Sea World is overcrowded and overrated IMO).

http://www.sazoo-aq.org/support/file...Reciprocal.pdf
    ~Mel Mother of Michael: RCDH- ECMO (11 days)- cranial evacuation- VP shunt- hernia repair- g-tube- Nissen fundoplication- pyloroplasty- ASD and VSD closures- tracheostomy- hypospadias repair- pulmonary hypertension...but what he lacks in lung capacity he more than makes up with charisma!